- Exclusively focused on instant messaging reference services
- Provides practical information about starting and running a successful instant messaging reference service
- Includes significant background information and in-depth discussion of the broader issues raised by instant messaging and instant messaging reference
Table of Contents
- Virtual reference: An overview and brief history; IM Basics; Basic IM reference: Set-up and use; Conducting the IM reference interview; Managing patron expectations and staff attitudes; Evaluating/updating service; Taking your service to the next level: Widgets, enterprise IM and collaborative IM; Issues with IM reference; Promoting your IM reference service.
- No. of pages: 232
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2008
- Published: January 31, 2008
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781780631233
About the Authors
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Instant Messaging Reference"