Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Inorganic Pollutants in Water provides a clear understanding of inorganic pollutants and the challenges they cause in aquatic environments. The book explores the point of source, how they enter water, the effects they have, and their eventual detection and removal. Through a series of case studies, the authors explore the success of the detection and removal techniques they have developed. Users will find this to be a single platform of information on inorganic pollutants that is ideal for researchers, engineers and technologists working in the fields of environmental science, environmental engineering and chemical engineering/ sustainability.
Through this text, the authors introduce new researchers to the problem of inorganic contaminants in water, while also presenting the current state-of-the-art in terms of research and technologies to tackle this problem.
- Presents existing solutions to pollution problems, along with their challenges
- Includes case studies that detail success stories, challenges and the implementation of these tools
- Provides solutions that are both economically and ecologically sustainable
Students, researchers, engineers and technologists in the fields of environmental science, environmental engineering and sustainable chemistry
1. Inorganic water pollutants: Occurrence, Source, and Fate
2. Types of inorganic pollutants: metals/metalloids, acids, and organic forms
3. Priority and emerging inorganic pollutants in water
4. Policies and regulatory framework on Inorganic water pollutants
5. Assessment of the Negative Effects of Various Inorganic Water Pollutants on the Biosphere: An Overview
6. Analytical methods of water pollutants detection
7. Methods of Inorganic Pollutants detection in water
8. Organic linker for colormetric detection of Inorganic Pollutants
9. SERS in detection of Inorganic Pollutants in Water: An emerging method
10. Low cost adsorbents for the removal of inorganic impurities
11. Bio-adsorbent for emerging inorganic pollutants removal
12. Application of nanoparticles for inorganic water purification
13. Process Intensification in Treatment of Inorganic Water Pollutants
14. Various Water Treatment technologies for Inorganic contaminants: Current Status and Future Aspects
15. Advance reduction processes for denitrification of wastewater
16. Advance processes/IoT solution with treatment systems
17. Nanoparticles as Sources of Inorganic Water Pollutants
18. IoT in water pollutants monitoring: Foundations and Applications
19. Paper Based Microfluidics Sensor Devices for Inorganic Pollutants Monitoring in Water
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 4th March 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Pooja is a Scientist at Central Scientific Instruments Organisation, Chandigarh. She has established various materials and opto/electrochemical knowledge protocols for inorganic pollutants detection in water, the technology of same has been transferred to the industry. Her present research focus is on bio recognition (peptides) elements-based sensor design for inorganic and organic water pollutants. She is currently working on integrating imaging technologies with colorimetric sensors for water pollutants detection and remediation.
Scientist, Central Scientific Instruments Organisation, Chandigarh, India
Dr. Pardeep singh is presently working as Assistant professor (Department of Environmental Science PGDAV college University of Delhi new Delhi India .He has obtained his master degree from Department of Environmental Science Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi India in 2011. He obtained his doctorate degree form Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi in the year of 2017. The area of his doctoral research is degradation of organic pollutants through various indigenous isolated microbes and by using various types of photocatalytic. He has published more than 35 papers in the international journals in the fields of waste management
Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Studies, PGDAV College, University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
Dr. Sushil Kansal is a professor of Chemical Engineering at Panjab University, Chandigarh. He has nearly 20 years teaching and research experience in Chemical Engineering and Environmental Engineering. He has many fellowships and awards in his credit and is a regular reviewer for many international journals, as well as having many publications in journals and books. He has been awarded with Smt. Prem Lata Jain Best Researcher Award (2017) by Smt. Prem Lata Jain and Prof. D. V. S. Jain Research Foundation.
Professor of Chemical Engineering, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.