Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Innovative Food Analysis presents a modern perspective on the development of robust, effective and sensitive techniques to ensure safety, quality and traceability of foods to meet industry standards. Significant enhancements of analytical accuracy, precision, detection limits and sampling has expanded the practical range of food applications, hence this reference offers modern food analysis in view of new trends in analytical techniques and applications to support both the scientific community and industry professionals. This reference covers the latest topics across existing and new technologies, giving emphasis on food authenticity, traceability, food fraud, food quality, food contaminants, sensory and nutritional analytics, and more.
- Covers the last ten years of applications across existing and new technologies of food analytics
- Presents an emphasis on techniques in food authenticity, traceability and food fraud
- Discusses bioavailability testing and product analysis of food allergens and foodomics
Food scientists and technologists, researchers, food microbiologists, food analysts, food chemists, product developers
1. Compositional and nutritional analysis
2. Bioactive component analysis
3. Analytical technologies in sugar and carbohydrate processing
4. Sample preparation methods
5. Flow-based food analytical methods
6. Categories of food additives and analytical techniques for their determination
7. Analysis of food additives
8. Food authenticity
9. Food traceability
10. Targeted and untargeted analytical techniques coupled with chemometric tools for the evaluation of the quality and authenticity of food products
11. Foodborne pathogens
12. Sensory analysis using electronic tongues
13. Hyperspectral Imaging Analysis for Non-Contact Sensing of Food Quality
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 29th November 2020
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Charis M. Galanakis is a multidisciplinary scientist in agricultural sciences as well as food and environmental science, technology, and sustainability, with experience in both industry and academia. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories in Chania, Greece, an adjunct professor of King Saud University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and the director of Food Waste Recovery Group (SIG5) of ISEKI Food Association in Vienna, Austria. He pioneered the new discipline of food waste recovery and has established the most prominent innovation network in the field. He also serves as a senior consultant for the food industry and expert evaluator for international and regional funded programs and proposals. He is an editorial board member of Food and Bioproducts Processing, Food Research International, and Foods, has edited over 45 books, and has published hundreds of research articles, reviews, monographs, chapters, and conference proceedings.
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.