Completely revised to reflect recent, rapid changes in the field of interventional radiology (IR), Image-Guided Interventions, 3rd Edition, offers comprehensive, narrative coverage of vascular and nonvascular interventional imaging—ideal for IR subspecialists as well as residents and fellows in IR. This award-winning title provides clear guidance from global experts, helping you formulate effective treatment strategies, communicate with patients, avoid complications, and put today’s newest technology to work in your practice.
- Patient care and communication tips integrated throughout to address changes in practice
- Highlighted indications and contraindications for interventional procedures, as well as tables listing the materials and instruments required for each
- Step-by-step instructions on a comprehensive range of image-guided intervention techniques, as well as discussions on equipment, contrast agents, pharmacologic agents, antiplatelet agents, and protocols
- Detailed protocols, classic signs, algorithms, and SIR guidelines
- Leading expert editorship and authorship from around the globe for an international perspective
- Video demonstrations of image-guided procedures
- New chapters covering Patient Preparation, Prostate Artery Embolization, Management of Acute Aortic Syndrome, Percutaneous Arterial Venous Fistula Creation, Lymphatic Interventions, Spinal and Paraspinal Nerve blocks, and more.
- New tightened and streamlined organization with shorter and more digestible chapters for quicker reference
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2020
- 5th May 2020
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
The Ernest H. Wood Distinguished Professor of Radiology and Surgery; Chairman, Department of Radiology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Prof of Interventional neuroradiology University of Toronto Toronto western hospital; Toronto Canada
Professor of Radiology, Monash University Faculty of Medicine, Nursing, and Health Sciences; Director, Radiology Department, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Director, Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, DC
Consultant, Vascular and Interventional Radiologist, Radiology Department, St. George’s NHS Trust, London, United Kingdom
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.