The sixth edition of this book is revised as per guidelines of National Medical Commission in accordance with the competency-based curriculum of Genetics. This book forms a concise version chiefly designed to cater to the needs of undergraduate students. The aim has been to offer the basic principles without superfluous details.
• Text is presented in a simple and precise manner, with complex information summarized in tables and line diagrams, which makes the learning easier for students.
• Presentation is visually more appealing with the insertion of clinical pictures along with the text.
• Recapitulation of summary at the end of chapters would also help students to quickly review and revise the subject before examination.
• Questions given at the end of each chapter along with answers for self-assessment of the topics studied.
• Prepares students for both theory and viva voce.
1 Historical Gleanings
3 Molecular Genetics
Animation 1: Transcription
Animation 2: Translation
4 Chromosomal Aberrations
5 Developmental Genetics
6 Modes of Inheritance
7 Biochemical Genetics
Animation 3: Haemoglobin Structure
8 Genetics of Blood Groups
Animation 4: Immunoglobulin Structure
10 Cancer Genetics
11 Genetic Component in Common Diseases
12 Population Genetics
13 Prenatal Diagnosis
14 Genetic Counselling
15 Gene Therapy
Animation 5: Gene Therapy
16 Stem Cell Therapy
Animation 6: Stem Cell Therapy
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2021
- 14th April 2021
- Elsevier India
- Paperback ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.