@bul:* Coverage includes methodology in evolutionary research
* Introductory discussion of facial nerves and muscles
* Compares and contrasts emotion vs. behavioral ecology views of facial expressions
* Cross-cultural analysis of similarities and differences in facial expressions
* Reviews paralanguage and gesture
Table of Contents
- Pre-Darwinian Views on Facial Expression.
Darwin's Anti-Darwinism in Expression of the Emotions in Man and Animals.
Facial Expression and the Methods of Contemporary Evolutionary Research.
Mechanisms for the Evolution of Facial Expressions.
Facial Hardware: The Nerves and Muscles of the Face.
Facial Reflexes and the Ontogeny of Facial Displays.
Emotions versus Behavioral Ecology Views of Facial Expression: Theory and Concepts.
Emotions versus Behavioral Ecology Views of Facial Expression: The State of the Evidence.
Introduction: Cross-Cultural Studies of Facial Expressions of Emotion.
Is There Universal Recognition of Emotion from Facial Expression?
A Review of Cross-Cultural Studies, by James A. Russell.
How Do We Account for Both Universal and Regional Variations in Facial Expressions of Emotion?
Facial Paralanguage and Gesture.
Epilogue: The Study of Facial Displays--Where Do We Go from Here?
- No. of pages: 369
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1994
- Published: August 12, 1994
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9781483288512
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Human Facial Expression"