Human Biochemistry includes clinical case studies and applications that are useful to medical, dentistry and pharmacy students. It enables users to practice for future careers as both clinicians and researchers.
The book also provides extensive online support for students to assist with further understanding and comprehension of advanced concepts, including sample questions that will help them prepare for medical exams.
Offering immediate application of biochemical principles into clinical terms in an updated way, this book is the unparalleled textbook for medical biochemistry courses in medical, dental and pharmacy programs.
- Winner of a 2018 Most Promising New Textbook (College) Award (Texty) from the Textbook and Academic Authors Association
- Offers immediate application of biochemical principles into clinical terms in an updated way
- Contains coverage of the most current research in medical biochemistry
- Presents the first solution designed to reflect the needs of both research oriented and clinically oriented medical students
Medical students, dentistry students, pharmaceutical students, and graduate students taking medical biochemistry
1.Organ Systems and Tissues
2. The Cell
3. Water, pH, Buffers, General Features of Receptors, Channels and Pumps
6. Insulin and Sugars
7. Glycogen and Glycogenolysis
8. Glycolysis and Gluconeogensis
10. Nucleic Acids and Molecular Genetics
11. Protein Biosynthesis
13. Metabolism of Amino Acids
14. Metabolism of Fat, Carbohydrate and Nucleic Acids
15. Polypeptide Hormones
16. Steroid Hormones
17. Growth Factors and Cytokines
18. Membrane Transport
19. Micronutrients (Metals and Iodine)
20. Vitamins and Nutrition
21. Blood and lymphatic system
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 22nd November 2017
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Dr. Litwack was formerly Professor of Molecular and Cellular Medicine and Associate Director at the Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Texas A & M Health Science Center.
Toluca Lake, North Hollywood, CA, USA
Winner of a 2018 Most Promising New Textbook (College) Award (Texty) from the Textbook and Academic Authors Association
"This textbook should come with a warning: Any serious student, teacher or scientist interested in biology who begins to read it, will not be able to close it for hours and perhaps days. It is a text they will cherish for years to come.
Why is this book exceptional? The answer is that a single scientist has somehow managed to integrate the vast amount of data being generated about human biochemistry and biology into a fascinating story that has an elegance and a beauty rarely if ever seen before." --Amazon