HOME REHABILITATION: GUIDE TO CLINICAL PRACTICE is the first clinical reference for therapists practicing in the home care setting. It covers fundamentals, pediatric populations, adult populations, emergency situations, and pharmacology in home healthcare. A special section of appendices includes necessary reference information such as ICD-9 CM Common Therapy Diagnoses, listings of community organizations, HIM-11 Coverage of Services and Durable Medical Equipment, and a listing of suggested home care resources. A must have for any home care therapist!
- Describes over a hundred practical assessment tools and measures.
- Provides easy-to-retrieve and easy-to-access information in a convenient format.
- Includes forms and checklists that show the reader the tools needed in a home care environment.
- Includes documentation guidelines for appropriately filling out paperwork.
- Provides emergency procedures and protocols that can be accessed quickly in case of an emergency.
- Contains pharmacology information to give the therapist a quick reference guide to recognize side effects, drug interactions, and proper therapeutic medication level guidelines.
- Provides ICD-9 CM Common Therapy Diagnoses and HIM-11 Coverage of Services information regarding billing and insurance.
- Includes multidisciplinary tools helpful to physical therapists, occupational therapists and rehab nurses.
Introduction Section One: Fundamentals of Home Care Employment Options Therapy Schedule Maintenance Equipment List Infection Control Standards Infection Control Guidelines Personal Safety Guidelines Home Care Team Home Care Regulatory Bodies Home Care Ethical Situations Section Two: Pediatric Population Pediatric Environmental Evaluation Neonates Infant Toddler Child Section Three: Adult Population Adult Environmental Evaluation Adult Affective Evaluation Adult Daily Living Skills Evaluation Adult Mobility Evaluation Adult Fine Motor Evaluation Adult Neurological Evaluation Integument Evaluation Adult Cardiopulmonary Evaluation Section Four: Emergency Situations Warning Signs Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Procedures First Aid Section Five: Pharmacology Medication Classifications and Adverse Effects Medication Management Section Six: Appendices HIM-11 Coverage of Services Index
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 1999
- 30th September 1999
- Paperback ISBN:
Home Care Therapist, Board-Certified Specialist in Geriatric Physical Therapy, Miami, FL
Home Care Therapist, Board-Certified Specialist in Geriatric Physical Therapy, Clearwater, FL
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.