- Examines the latest techniques in mechanochemistry and how they can be applied to the synthesis and processing of various high-tech materials
- Discusses the basic science of mechanochemistry including kinetic behaviour, processes and mechanisms and materials design through mechanochemical processing
- Reviews mechanochemical treatment of different materials including synthesis of ceramic oxides, organic compounds and metallic-ceramic composite powders
Table of Contents
- Introduction to mechanochemical processing. Part 1 Basic science of mechanochemistry: Mechanism and kinetics of mechanochemical processes; Kinetic behaviour in mechanochemically induced structural and chemical transformations; Materials design through mechanochemical processing; Kinetic processes and mechanisms of mechanochemical alloying. Part 2 Mechanochemical treatment of different materials: Mechanochemical synthesis of complex ceramic oxides; Production of intermetallic compound powders by a mechanochemical approach: Solid-liquid reaction ball milling; Mechanochemical processing of non-oxide systems with highly covalent bonds; Mechanochemical synthesis of metallic-ceramic composite powders; Mechanochemical synthesis of organic compounds and rapidly soluble materials. Part 3 Mechanochemical processes in metal powder systems and other applications: Mechanochemical plating and surface modification using ultrasonic vibrations; Mechanochemically activated powders as precursors for spark plasma sintering (SPS) processes; Synthesis of titanium dioxide-based, visible-light induced photocatalysts by mechanochemical doping; Soft mechanochemical synthesis of materials for lithium-ion batteries: Principles and applications; Materials for lithium-ion batteries by mechanochemical methods.
- No. of pages: 440
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2010
- Published: May 24, 2010
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN: 9780081014387
- eBook ISBN: 9781845699444
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "High-Energy Ball Milling"