North-Holland Mathematics Studies: Hewitt-Nachbin Spaces exposes the theory of Hewitt-Nachbin spaces, also called realcompact or Q-spaces, taking into account synergistic points of view from which these spaces are investigated.
The publication first offers information on embedding in topological products and Hewitt-Nachbin spaces and convergence, including notation and terminology, embedding lemma, E-completely regular spaces, E-compact spaces, and characterizations and properties of Hewitt-Nachbin spaces. The text also touches on Hewitt-Nachbin spaces, uniformities, and related topological spaces, as well as Hewitt-Nachbin completeness and uniform spaces, review of uniform spaces, and almost realcompact and cb-spaces.
The book takes a look at Hewitt-Nachbin completeness and continuous mappings. Discussions focus on classes of mappings, perfect mappings, WZ mappings, closed mappings and Hewitt-Nachbin spaces, and E-perfect mappings.
The manuscript is a reliable reference for readers interested in Hewitt-Nachbin spaces.
Chapter 1 Embedding in Topological Products
1. Notation and Terminology
2. The Embedding Lemma
3. E-Completely Regular Spaces
4. E-Compact Spaces
5. A Categorical Perspective
Chapter 2 Hewitt-Nachbin Spaces and Convergence
6. g-Filters and Convergence
7. Hewitt-Nachbin Completeness via Ideals, Filters, and Nets
8. Characterizations and Properties of Hewitt-Nachbin Spaces
9. Hewitt-Nachbin Completions
10. z-Embedding and u-Embedding
11. Hewitt-Nachbin Completions of Products
Chapter 3 Hewitt-Nachbin Spaces, Uniformities, and Related Topological Spaces
12. A Review of Uniform Spaces
13. Hewitt-Nachbin Completeness and Uniform Spaces
14. Almost Realcompact and cb-Spaces
Chapter 4 Hewitt-Nachbin Completeness and Continuous Mappings
15. Some Classes of Mappings
16. Perfect Mappings
17. Closed Mappings and Hewitt-Nachbin Spaces
19 . E-Perfect Mappings
- No. of pages:
- © North Holland 1975
- 1st January 1975
- North Holland
- eBook ISBN:
Naval Postgraduate School Monterey, California USA
University of Rochester