2. Crystal Dynamics (Lattice Waves)
3. Some Aspects of Statistical Thermodynamics
4. Basics of Micro/Nano Scale Heat Transfer Models and Thermal Stresses
5. Heat Transfer Applications in One and Two Dimensional Thin Films
6. Thermal boundary Resistance for Cross-Plane Transport
7. Concluding Remarks
Heat Transport in Micro- and Nanoscale Thin Films presents aspects and applications of the principle methods of heat transport in relation to nanoscale films. Small-scale parts and thin films are widely used in the electronics industry. However, the drastic change in the thermal conductivity with reducing device size and film thickness modifies the energy transport by heat-carrying phonons in the film.
Energy transfer in small-sized devices and thin films deviate from the classical diffusion to radiative transport. This book deals with micro/nano scale heat transfer in small scale devices and the thin films, including interface properties of cross-plane transport. The book fills the gap between applications of the physical fundamentals and energy transport at the micro- and nano scale, which will be valuable for academics, researchers and students in the fields of materials science and energy transport.
- Offers a specialist focus on nanoscale thin films, allowing the reader to create more efficient heat transfer systems
- Includes in-depth coverage of the formulation of transient energy transport for short durations of heating, which is valuable those working in electronics
- Focuses on applications and real-life case studies to clearly illustrate how the theories explained in the book can be used in industry
Researchers and professional scientists working in the fields of materials science, physics, and chemistry, and who focus on heat transport, thin films and nanomaterials
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 29th August 2017
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Bekir S. Yilbas received his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the Birmingham University. He was awarded the Doctor of Engineering in 2005 by Birmingham University owing to his significant contribution to his field of study. He has published over 600 journal papers in reputable international journals and presented over 100 papers at international conferences. He has served as an editorial board member of international journals, including International Journal of Machine Tool and Manufacture Design, Research and Application, International Journal of Subsurface Sensing Technologies and Applications, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Journal of Achievements in Materials and Manufacturing Engineering, International Journal of Nano-manufacturing and Archives of Materials Science and Engineering. He has received numerous awards as recognition of his research work.
Mechanical Engineering Department, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia