Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Water Purity and Quality, Second Edition provides those involved in water purification research and administration with a comprehensive resource of methods for analyzing water to assure its safety from contaminants, both natural and human caused. The book includes an overview of the subject and discusses major water-related issues in developing and developed countries. Issues covered include sampling for water analysis, regulatory considerations, and forensics in water quality and purity investigations. Microbial as well as chemical contaminations from inorganic compounds, radionuclides, disinfectants, pesticides, and pharmaceuticals, including endocrine disruptors, are discussed at length.
In addition, the luxury of municipal water purified for human consumption is unavailable for a very large number of people. To help solve this problem, some economical water purification techniques, including a million-dollar Grainger prizewinner that can save millions of lives have been included. This fully updated second edition includes four new chapters on topics such as the GenX Water Contamination Problem, the impact of climate change on water, and green chemistry solutions to water pollution.
- Covers the scope of water contamination problems on a worldwide scale with an overview of major water-related issues in developing and developed countries, including monitoring techniques for potential terrorist-related activities
- Provides a rich source of methods for analyzing water to ensure its safety from natural and deliberate contaminants
- Includes a review of water quality forensics with the objective of tracking new potential water contaminants
Researchers, regulators, and managers involved with water quality and purity/wastewater industry, as well as libraries, institutions, corporations, and regulators involved in water purification; academics and students of chemistry or environmental science
2. Delineation of a Major Problem of Arsenic-contaminated Groundwater
3. Water Quality Issues in Eastern Africa
4. Effect of Human Development on Water Quality
5. Sampling and Analysis of Arsenic in Groundwater in West Bengal-India and Bangladesh
6. Forensic Water Quality Investigations: Identifying Pollution Sources and Polluters
7. Regulatory Considerations to Ensure Clean and Safe Drinking Water
8. Microbiological Threats to Water Quality
9. Monitoring Inorganic Compounds
10. Radionuclides in Surface Water and Groundwater
11. Volatile and Semivolatile Contaminants
12. Monitoring Disinfectants, Marhaba Taha
13. Review of Reconnaissance Studies of Selected Herbicides and Their Degradation Products in Water
14. Monitoring of Pharmaceutical Residues in Sewage Effluents
15. Monitoring Terrorist-related Contamination
16. Groundwater Arsenic Removal Technologies Based on Sorbents: Field Applications and Sustainability
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 21st April 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Satinder Ahuja is a leading expert on water quality improvement. He earned his PhD in analytical chemistry from the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. He worked for Novartis Corp. in various leadership positions for over 25 years and taught as an adjunct professor at Pace University for over 10 years. As president of Ahuja Consulting, he advises on water quality issues relating to chemicals and pharmaceuticals. A member of the executive committee of the Rivers of the World Foundation (ROW), Dr. Ahuja has organized numerous global symposia on improving water quality, including presentations for the American Chemical Society and UNESCO. Dr. Ahuja has published numerous papers and more than 25 books. His latest books are Contaminants in Our Water (ACS, 2020); Evaluating Water Quality to Prevent Future Disasters (Elsevier, 2019); Advances in Water Purification Techniques (Elsevier, 2019); and Chemistry and Water (Elsevier, 2017).
President, Ahuja Consulting for Water Quality, Calabash, NC, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.