Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Silicon Wafer Cleaning Technology, Third Edition, provides an in-depth discussion of cleaning, etching and surface conditioning for semiconductor applications. The fundamental physics and chemistry associated with wet and plasma processing are reviewed, including surface and colloidal aspects. This revised edition includes the developments of the last ten years to accommodate a continually involving industry, addressing new technologies and materials, such as germanium and III-V compound semiconductors, and reviewing the various techniques and methods for cleaning and surface conditioning. Chapters include numerous examples of cleaning technique and their results.
The book helps the reader understand the process they are using for their cleaning application and why the selected process works. For example, discussion of the mechanism and physics of contamination, metal, particle and organic includes information on particle removal, metal passivation, hydrogen-terminated silicon and other processes that engineers experience in their working environment. In addition, the handbook assists the reader in understanding analytical methods for evaluating contamination.
The book is arranged in an order that segments the various cleaning techniques, aqueous and dry processing. Sections include theory, chemistry and physics first, then go into detail for the various methods of cleaning, specifically particle removal and metal removal, amongst others.
- Focuses on cleaning techniques including wet, plasma and other surface conditioning techniques used to manufacture integrated circuits
- Reliable reference for anyone that manufactures integrated circuits or supplies the semiconductor and microelectronics industries
- Covers processes and equipment, as well as new materials and changes required for the surface conditioning process
Managers, engineers, and technicians that manufacture integrated circuits or supply the semiconductor and microelectronics industries
Part 1: Introduction and Overview
1. Overview and Evolution of Silicon Wafer Cleaning Technology
2. Overview of Wafer Contamination and Defectivity
Part 2: Wet-Chemical Processes
3. Particle Deposition and Adhesion
4. Aqueous Cleaning and Surface Conditioning Processes
Part 3: Dry Cleaning Processes
5. Gas-phase Wafer Cleaning Technology
6. Plasma Stripping and Cleaning
7. Cryogenic Aerosols and Supercritical Fluid Cleaning
Part 4: Analytical and Control Aspects
8. Detection and Measurement of Particulate Contaminants
9. Surface Chemical Composition and Morphology
10. Ultratrace Impurity and Surface Morphology Analysis
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2018
- 17th March 2018
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Karen A. Reinhardt is Principle Consultant at Cameo Consulting in San Jose, California. At Cameo Consulting she assists companies investigating and assessing new and unique cleaning technologies that will allow realization of the ITRS roadmap with respect to smaller geometries, new materials, and the environmental issues associated with current cleaning processes. Karen has published over 30 technical papers ranging from plasma processing to damage characterization and cleaning technology assessment. She has been awarded eight patents. Karen formerly co-chaired the ITRS Surface Preparation Technical Working Group. Prior to forming a contracting and consulting company, Karen was employed at Novellus Systems and Advanced Micro Devices. Karen has a BS degree in Chemistry from the University of California at Riverside and a MS degree in Inorganic Chemistry from Texas Tech University.
Cameo Consulting, San Jose, CA, USA
Lam Research, San Diego, CA, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.