Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Heated Tool Welding; Ultrasonic Welding; Vibration Welding; Spin Welding; Radio Frequency Welding; Hot Gas Welding; Extrusion Welding; Laser Welding; Infrared Welding; Resistive Implant Welding; Induction Welding; Heat Sealing; Flash Free Welding; Friction Stir Welding; Microwave Welding; Solvent Welding; Adhesive Bonding; Mechanical Fastening; Material Specific Joining Information (25 Generic Polymer Families)
The new edition of this bestselling reference provides fully updated and detailed descriptions of plastics joining processes, plus an extensive compilation of data on joining specific materials. The volume is divided into two main parts: processes and materials. The processing section has 18 chapters, each explaining a different joining technique. The materials section has joining information for 25 generic polymer families. Both sections contain data organized according to the joining methods used for that material.
- A significant and extensive update from experts at The Welding Institute
- A systematic approach to discussing each joining method including: process, advantages and disadvantages, applications, materials, equipment, joint design, and welding parameters
- Includes international suppliers’ directory and glossary of key joining terms
- Includes new techniques such as flash free welding and friction stir welding
- Covers thermoplastics, thermosets, elastomers, and rubbers.
Engineers, scientists and technicians in the automotive, medical, utilities, construction, electronics, packaging, and plastics manufacturing industries.
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2008
- 4th September 2008
- William Andrew
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
The Welding Institute (UK)
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.