Handbook of Plastics Joining
A Practical Guide
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
The new edition of this bestselling reference provides fully updated and detailed descriptions of plastics joining processes, plus an extensive compilation of data on joining specific materials. The volume is divided into two main parts: processes and materials. The processing section has 18 chapters, each explaining a different joining technique. The materials section has joining information for 25 generic polymer families. Both sections contain data organized according to the joining methods used for that material.
- A significant and extensive update from experts at The Welding Institute
- A systematic approach to discussing each joining method including: process, advantages and disadvantages, applications, materials, equipment, joint design, and welding parameters
- Includes international suppliers’ directory and glossary of key joining terms
- Includes new techniques such as flash free welding and friction stir welding
- Covers thermoplastics, thermosets, elastomers, and rubbers.
Engineers, scientists and technicians in the automotive, medical, utilities, construction, electronics, packaging, and plastics manufacturing industries.
Table of Contents
- Heated Tool Welding; Ultrasonic Welding; Vibration Welding; Spin Welding; Radio Frequency Welding; Hot Gas Welding; Extrusion Welding; Laser Welding; Infrared Welding; Resistive Implant Welding; Induction Welding; Heat Sealing; Flash Free Welding; Friction Stir Welding; Microwave Welding; Solvent Welding; Adhesive Bonding; Mechanical Fastening; Material Specific Joining Information (25 Generic Polymer Families)
- No. of pages: 600
- Language: English
- Copyright: © William Andrew 2008
- Published: September 4, 2008
- Imprint: William Andrew
- eBook ISBN: 9780815519768
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780815515814
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
The Welding Institute (UK)
Ratings and Reviews
(Total rating for all reviews)
Andrea B. Sun May 22 2022
Handbook of plastic joint
Pratical, you can find an idea of the different technology approach to the plastic joint technics. Some more detailed, some other very light. A first step in this world...