- Provides the most up to date information regarding conventional forms of cytotoxic chemotherapy, as well as the basic science and clinical application of molecular therapeutics, for the treatment of brain tumors
- Broadly appeals to anyone interested in the field of Neuro-Oncology and in the treatment of patients with brain tumors
- Useful to clinicians interested in a thorough overview of the use of chemotherapy in patients with a broad range of brain tumors as well as serving as a source of background information to basic scientists and pharmaceutical researchers with an interest in the molecular therapeutics of brain tumors
Table of Contents
- I. Pharmacology and Clinical Applications.
1. Overview of Brain Tumor Epidemiology and Histopathology.
2. Clinical Pharmacology of Brain Tumor Chemotherapy.
3. Chemotherapy and Anti-Epileptic Drug Interactions.
4. Brain Tumor Models for Cancer Therapy.
5. Microarray Analysis and Proteomic Approaches to Drug Development.
6. Chemotherapy Resistance.
7. Clinical Trial Design and Implementation.
II. Molecular Biology and Basic Science.
8. Molecular Genetics of Brain Tumors - An Overview
9. Regulation of the Cell Cycle and Interventional Developmental Therapeutics.
10. Apoptosis Pathways and Chemotherapy.
11. Growth Factor Signaling Pathways and Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors.
12. Ras Signaling Pathways and Farnesyl Transferase Inhibitors.
13. PI3-Kinase, PKB/Akt, mTOR, and Internal Signaling Pathways.
14. Tumor Invasiveness and Anti-invasion Strategies.
15. Mechanisms of Angiogenesis in Brain Tumors and their Translation into Therapeutic Anti-tumor Strategies.
16. Biology of the Blood-Brain and Blood-Brain Tumor Barriers.
III. Innovative Approaches to Chemotherapy Delivery.
17. Intra-Arterial Chemotherapy.
18. Blood-Brain Barrier Disruption Chemotherapy.
19. Interstitial Chemotherapy and Polymer-Drug Delivery.
20. Intratumoral Administration and Convection-Enhanced Delivery.
21. Marrow Ablative Chemotherapy with Hematopoietic Stem Cell Rescue.
22. CSF Dissemination of Primary Brain Tumors.
23. Chemotherapy-Activating Gene Therapy.
IV. Chemotherapy of Specific Tumor Types.
24. Chemotherapy of High-Grade Astrocytomas.
25. Chemotherapy of Low-Grade Astrocytomas.
26. Chemotherapy of Oligodendrogliomas.
27. Chemotherapy of Oligoastrocytomas.
28. Chemotherapy of Primary Central Nervous System Lymphomas.
29. Chemotherapy of Medulloblastoma.
30. Chemotherapy of Ependymoma.
31. Chemotherapy of Glioneuronal Tumors.
32. Chemotherapy of Pineal Parenchymal Tumors.
33. Current Therapeutic Management Strategies for Primary Intracranial Germ Cell Tumors.
34. Chemotherapy of Menigiomas.
35. Chemotherapy for Brain Metasteses.
36. The Role of Chemotherapy in Pediatric Gliomas.
- No. of pages: 586
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2005
- Published: December 13, 2005
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080455938
About the Editors
Herbert B. Newton
Affiliations and Expertise
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Handbook of Brain Tumor Chemotherapy"