I. Pharmacology and Clinical Applications.
1. Overview of Brain Tumor Epidemiology and Histopathology.
2. Clinical Pharmacology of Brain Tumor Chemotherapy.
3. Chemotherapy and Anti-Epileptic Drug Interactions.
4. Brain Tumor Models for Cancer Therapy.
5. Microarray Analysis and Proteomic Approaches to Drug Development.
6. Chemotherapy Resistance.
7. Clinical Trial Design and Implementation.
II. Molecular Biology and Basic Science.
8. Molecular Genetics of Brain Tumors - An Overview
9. Regulation of the Cell Cycle and Interventional Developmental Therapeutics.
10. Apoptosis Pathways and Chemotherapy.
11. Growth Factor Signaling Pathways and Receptor Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors.
12. Ras Signaling Pathways and Farnesyl Transferase Inhibitors.
13. PI3-Kinase, PKB/Akt, mTOR, and Internal Signaling Pathways.
14. Tumor Invasiveness and Anti-invasion Strategies.
15. Mechanisms of Angiogenesis in Brain Tumors and their Translation into Therapeutic Anti-tumor Strategies.
16. Biology of the Blood-Brain and Blood-Brain Tumor Barriers.
III. Innovative Approaches to Chemotherapy Delivery.
17. Intra-Arterial Chemotherapy.
18. Blood-Brain Barrier Disruption Chemotherapy.
19. Interstitial Chemotherapy and Polymer-Drug Delivery.
20. Intratumoral Administration and Convection-Enhanced Delivery.
21. Marrow Ablative Chemotherapy with Hematopoietic Stem Cell Rescue.
22. CSF Dissemination of Primary Brain Tumors.
23. Chemotherapy-Activating Gene Therapy.
IV. Chemotherapy of Specific Tumor Types.
24. Chemotherapy of High-Grade Astrocytomas.
25. Chemotherapy of Low-Grade Astrocytomas.
- No. of pages:
- © 2006
13th December 2005
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN:
Affiliations and Expertise
Director, Division of Neuro-Oncology, Department of Neurology, Co-Director, Dardinger Neuro-Oncology Center, Ohio State University Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio, USA
"4 STARS - Overall, this is an interesting and informative new textbook on brain tumor chemotherapy and molecular therapeutics. It provides a comprehensive, broad overview of the current status of neuro-oncology clinical practice and research. This book will appeal particularly to neurosurgeons and oncologists who are actively involved in the treatment of patients with brain tumors, as well as basic scientists and pharmaceutical researchers who may just want to expand their repertoire of knowledge about the pertinent issues in this field."
--SURGICAL NEUROLOGY (Vol 66, Issue, 3, September 2006)
"The editor and authors are to be congratulated on providing a timely and valuable reference on chemotherapy for brain tumors. This is a book that will be very useful for all neuro-oncologists and general oncologists treating patients with brain tumors" Patrick Y. Wen, Harvard Medical School, in ONCOLOGY, Vol 20, Number 4, 2006
"In short, the Handbook of Brain Tumor Chemotherapy reflects the hope of recent advances in the treatment of brain tumors and will serve as a solid resource for readers."
--Myra R. Rosenfeld, MD, Ph.D., Director, Division of Neuro-oncology, Department of Neurology, University of Pennsylvania, COMMUNITY ONCOLOGY (February 2006)
"In summary, the outstanding style of writing, structure and the multidisciplinary scientific content of this book make this publication a valuable publication. Its price is very reasonable and we highly recommend it to all neuro-oncology clinicians, investigators, and those in training."
--Babak Kateb, Behnam Badie, Department of Neurosurgery, City of Hope Medical Center, California, in JOURNAL OF NEUROSURGERY