Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Advanced Approaches towards Pollution Prevention and Control, Volume Two: Legislative Measures and Sustainability for Pollution Prevention and Control condenses all relevant information on pollution prevention and control in a single source. This handbook (Volume Two of Two) covers the principals of pollution prevention and control technologies, recent advances in pollution prevention, control technologies and their sustainability, modernization in pollution prevention and control technologies for future and next generation of pollution prevention and control technologies. The book is an indispensable resource for researchers and academic staff in chemical and process engineering, safety engineering, environmental engineering, biotechnology, and materials engineering.
- Provides in-depth information on the principles and advances in pollution prevention and control practices
- Discusses emerging technologies and processes for advanced pollution prevention and control
- Presents developments on the use of the assessment models as tools to support the research and applications of different technologies and processes
- Provides history, fundamentals, state-of-the-art, and future trends
- Edited by expert team of world-class editors
Researchers and academic staff in chemical and process engineering, safety engineering, environmental engineering, biotechnology, and materials engineering, specifically working on adsorption of pollutants, control of radioactive wastes, nanotechnological applications in addressing environmental problems. This book can be used in specialized courses (undergraduate and postgraduate), and to support post doctoral research and R&D in the industrial sector
1. Hazardous Waste Classification and Listing: International Systems and Approach
2. Sustainabaility of Solvent Extraction techniques to support pollution prevention and control
3. Towards Sustainable Solid waste management - Challenges and Opportunities
4. From segregation to energy conversion technologies: Building a pipeline to regard waste into fuel category
5. Sustainable Soil-Cement Bricks Incorporated with Lime Mud from Cellulose Industry
6. Waste coal utilization: A potential solution toward waste to energy
7. Future of Pollution Prevention and Control
8. Algae or Bacteria - Future of biological wastewater treatment
9. Acidophilic methanogenesis will be the most suitable technology in food processing industries
10. Adaptive Technologies for Wastewater Treatment and Reuse in Egypt: Prospective and Future Challenges
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st January 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Rehab O Abdel Rahman is a Professor of Chemical Nuclear Engineering at Hot Laboratories for the Atomic Energy Authority in Cairo, Egypt. Her widely published research focuses on radioactive waste management and decontamination. She supervises post graduate students, teaches undergraduate courses, and supports training activities within AEAE, serves as a member in international scientific committees. She is a managing editor for two international journals, editor of several books, and frequent contributor on the topic of hazardous waste management.
Professor of Chemical Nuclear Engineering, Hot Laboratories & Waste Management, Atomic Energy Authority (AEAE), Cairo, Egypt.
Chaudhery Mustansar Hussain, PhD, is an Adjunct Professor, Academic Advisor and Lab Director in the Department of Chemistry & Environmental Sciences at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, USA. His research is focused on Environmental management, Nanotechnology, Advanced Materials, and Analytical Chemistry of Various Industries. Dr. Hussain is the author of numerous papers in peer-reviewed journals as well as a prolific author and editor of scientific monographs and handbooks in his research areas for Elsevier, Royal Society of Chemistry, CRC, Springer, and others.
Adjunct Professor and Lab Director, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ, United States
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.