Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Global Climate Change contains both practical and theoretical aspects of global climate change from across geological periods. The book addresses holistic issues related to climate change and its contribution in triggering temperature increases with a multitude of impacts on natural processes. As a result, the book helps to identify the gaps between policies that have been put in place surrounding continuously increasing emissions. Challenges presented include habitability, biodiversity, natural resources and human health. Sections are organized into information on the past, present and future of climate change to lead to a greater understanding and more effective solutions.
Placing an emphasis on recent climate change research, this book helps bring researchers in climate science, environmental science, and sustainability up-to-date on the ever-evolving science of climate change.
- Addresses the variety of challenges associated with climate change, along with possible solutions
- Includes suggestions for future research on climate change
- Covers climate change holistically, including global and regional scales, ecosystems, agriculture, energy and sustainability
- Contains both practical and theoretical research, including coverage of climate change over various geological periods
Researchers and graduate students in environmental science, particularly with a focus on climate change. Researchers in agriculture and environmental engineering
Part I: History of Climate Change
1. Geologic records for climate change
2. Climate change: From friend to foe
3. Weighing the natural versus man made climate change on a time scale
Part II: Climate Change Impacts
4. Global climate change: The loop between cause and impact
5. Regional climate change with global impact: From north pole to south pole
6. Implications of global climate change on ecosystem functioning
7. Sustainable agriculture and climate change
8. Link between air pollution and global climate change
9. Climate change and habitability of the entire planet
10. Impact of climate change on biodiversity loss and shift in major biomes
11. Global climate change and energy budget
12. Implications of Air pollution check on climate change
13. Relation between carbon offsets and climate change
Part III: Looking Ahead
14. Climate change trans boundary influences
15. Climate change and existential threat
16. Climate change crisis management based on facts
17. Climate change and future research prospects
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st March 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Pardeep Singh is presently working as Assistant Professor (Department of Environmental Science, PGDAV College University of Delhi, New Delhi, India). He has obtained his master’s degree from Department of Environmental Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India in 2011. He obtained his doctorate degree form Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University) Varanasi. The area of his doctoral research involved degradation of organic pollutants through various indigenous isolated microbes and by using various types of photocatalyst. He has published more than 45 papers in international journals.
Assistant Professor, Department of Environmental Science, PGDAV College University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
Dr. Pardeep Singh is an Assistant Professor at Department of Environmental Studies, PGDAV College University of Delhi, New Delhi, India. He completed his Master’s Degree from the Department of Environmental Science Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, and doctorate from Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi, India. His research interests are in waste management, wastewater treatment and electronic waste management. He has published various research and review articles in national and international journals in the fields of environmental science research.
Assistant Professor, PGDAV College University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
Dr. Rangabhashiyam is currently working as Faculty in the School of Chemical and Biotechnology, SASTRA Deemed University, India. He received his Doctor of Philosophy degree from National Institute of Technology Calicut, India in the year of 2015. His major research interests are bioremediation and wastewater treatment. As first author/corresponding author, he has published more than 27 articles. Altogether, he has published 48 articles in peer reviewed national and international journals.
Assistant Professor, School of Chemical and Biotechnology, SASTRA Deemed University, India
K.K. Srivastava is an academic, author, prolific writer, and researcher. Presently he teaches courses in economics and management at Delhi University, India. He also runs his own consulting company, K3A Advisory Services Private Limited. KKS started his professional life with the communication agency Niche Communications where his responsibilities included providing strategic inputs for marketing communication of brands. Later he worked with his colleague and partner to provide backgrounders on Indian economy, polity and society to media groups like the New York Times, German TV, BBC and so on. For the past 3 years he has been co-anchoring senior management level workshops. KKS has more than 60 articles and research papers to his credit on diverse topics in Economics, Marketing, Advertising, Human Resource Management and Environmental Studies. He was a consulting editor to India Economic Review, an academic journal, published by IIPM Think Tank. He has authored a textbook on Consumer Behavior for MBA students and another one on the same subject for undergraduate students.
Researcher, Delhi University, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.