Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
2. Potential Geophysical Fields: Similarity and Difference
3. Different Kinds of Noise and Ways for their Removal
4. Qualitative Analysis of Potential Fields
5. Quantitative Analysis of Potential Field Anomalies
6. Algorithms for Combined 3D Modelling of Gravity and Magnetic Fields
7. Methodology of 3D combined gravity-magnetic modelling
8. Studying Deep Structure
9. Searching Economic Minerals
10. Searching and localization of Water Reservoirs; Mapping of Water Basins
11. Environmental Geophysics
12. Archaeological Geophysics
Geophysical Potential Fields: Geological and Environmental Applications, Volume Two, investigates the similarities and differences of potential geophysical fields, including gravity, magnetics, temperature, resistivity and self-potential, along with the influence of noise on these fields. As part of the Computational Geophysics series, this volume provides computational examples and methods for effectively solving geophysical problems in a full cycle manner. Including both quantitative and qualitative analysis, the book offers different filtering and transformation procedures, integrated analysis, and special interpretation methodologies, also presenting a developed 3D algorithm for combined modeling of gravity and magnetic fields in complex environments.
The book also includes applications of the unified potential field system, such as studying deep structure, searching hydrocarbon and ore deposits, localizing buried water horizons and rockslide areas, tectono-structural mapping of water basins, and classifying archaeological targets. It is an ideal and unique resource for geophysicists, exploration geologists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
- Clearly demonstrates the successive stages of geophysical field analysis for different geological and environmental targets
- Provides a unified system for potential geophysical field analysis that is demonstrated by numerous examples of system application
- Demonstrates the possibilities for rapidly and effectively interpreting anomalies, receiving some knowledge of modern wavelet, diffusion maps and informational approach applications in geophysics, and combined gravity-magnetic methodology of 3D modeling
- Includes text of the Geological Space Field Calculation (GSFC) software intended for 3D combined modeling of gravity and magnetic fields in complex environments
Geophysicists, exploration geologists, geologists, archaeologists, environmental scientists
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 18th July 2019
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Lev Eppelbaum is author of about 390 publications, including 9 books, 13 chapters in books and about 150 articles. He is currently Associate Professor at the Department of Earth Sciences at Tel Aviv University. Previously, he was a Senior Researcher at the Gravity and Magnetics Dept. at the All-Union Geophysical Institute in Azerbaijan. He is recipient of a few awards including Christian Huygens medal of the European Geosciences Union (2019). He is currently Associate Editor in the EGU Journal “Geophysical Instrumentation, Methods and Data Systems” and member of Editorial Board in several International Journals. His research interests include geophysical potential field comprehensive analysis, tectonics and geodynamic reconstructions with application of paleomagnetic data, environmental and archaeological geophysics, and integrated geophysical-geological data analysis.
Department of Geosciences, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.