Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Genomic and Precision Medicine: Oncology, Third Edition focuses on the applications of genome discovery as research points to personalized cancer therapies. Each chapter is organized to cover the application of genomics and personalized medicine tools and technologies to a) Risk Assessment and Susceptibility, b) Diagnosis and Prognosis, c) Pharmacogenomics and Precision Therapeutics, and d) Emerging and Future Opportunities in the field.
- Provides a comprehensive volume written and edited by oncology genomic specialists for oncology health providers
- Includes succinct commentary and key learning points that will assist providers with their local needs for implementation of genomic and personalized medicine into practice
- Presents an up-to-date overview on major opportunities for genomic and personalized medicine in practice
- Covers case studies that highlight the practical use of genomics in the management of patients
Medical students, life sciences and engineering graduate students, advanced undergraduate students, and residents and fellows working with any aspect of genomic research in the life sciences and/or medicine; educators, and translational scientists
- Overview: The Cancer Genome Landscape
2. Application of Human Genome Information to Clinical Practice
3. Translating genome information into clinical practice and human health
4. Big Data and Translational Bioinformatics Genomic and Personalized Medicine
5. Health Risk Assessment and Family History
6. Clinical Decision Support
7. Overview of Policy, Ethical and Social Considerations
10. Genomics of Lung Cancer
11. Breast Cancer
12. Ovarian Cancer
13. Colorectal Cancer
14. Prostate Cancer
15. Head and Neck Cancer
16. Brain Tumors and Gliomas
18. Metastatic Cancer
19. Bioinformatics and Personalized Cancer Care
20. Diagnostic-Therapeutic Combinations
21. Treatment Decisions and Cancer Mutations
22. Case Studies
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2022
- 1st January 2022
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
Dr. Ginsburg is the founding Director of the Center for Applied Genomics & Precision Medicine in the Duke Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy. He is also Professor of Medicine and of Pathology at Duke University Medical Center, Professor of Biomedical Engineering at Duke Pratt School of Engineering, and Co-Director of the Duke Translational Medicine Institute.
Duke Center for Applied Genomics and Precision Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, USA
Huntington Willard is on the faculty of the Department of Human Genetics at the University of Chicago. Prior to this appointment, Willard was the President and Director of the Marine Biological Laboratory and Professor of Human Genetics at the University of Chicago. He was previously on the faculty at Duke University, where he was founding director of the university-wide Duke Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy from 2003 to 2014, the Nanaline H. Duke Professor of Genome Sciences, and the Arts & Sciences Professor of Biology & Genome Sciences.
Director and Principal, Geisinger National Precision Health, North Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Medicine, Hematologic Malignancies and Cellular Therapy, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.