Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Handbook of Vacuum Physics, Volume 1: Gases and Vacua presents three major topics, which are the fourth to sixth parts of this volume. These topics are the remarks on units of physical quantities; kinetic theory of gases and gaseous flow; and theory of vacuum diffusion pumps. The first topic aims to present concisely the significance of units of physical quantities, catering the need and interest of those who take measurements and make calculations in different fields of vacuum sciences. The technique and applications of this particular topic are also provided. The second main topic focuses specifically on ideal gas equations, the mean free path, the Maxwell-Boltzmann distribution law, and other mathematical equations relevant in the study of kinetic theory of gases and gaseous flow. The last major topic in this text examines the production of vapor, gas dynamics, and high- and fine-vacuum diffusion pumps. This part also provides symbols usually used in vacuum physics. This book will be beneficial to physicists and students of physics interested in the study of vacuum.
4. Remarks on Units of Physical Quantities
2. Quantities and Units
3. Equations Used in Science and Technology
5. Kinetic Theory of Gases and Gaseous Flow
1. General Introduction
2. Motion in Gases at Low Densities
3. Heat Transfer in Gases at Low Pressures
4. Thermal Creep and Radiometer Forces
5. Appendix. Table of Integrals
6. Theory of Vacuum Diffusion Pumps
2. The Production of Vapor
3. Gas Dynamics
4. Fine-Vacuum Diffusion Pumps with Circular Nozzle Cross Sections
5. Molecular Flow and the Transition to the Continuum Flow of Gas Dynamics
6. High-Vacuum Diffusion Pumps
- No. of pages:
- © Pergamon 1966
- 1st January 1966
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.