Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Fungi Bio-prospects in Sustainable Agriculture, Environment and Nanotechnology, Volume Two: Extremophilic Fungi and Myco-mediated Environmental Management explores varied aspects of fungal biology and their relevance in microbiology and agriculture, thus allowing for better insights on basic and advanced biotechnological application in human welfare and sustainable agriculture. Chapters throw light on different sectors of fungi, including fungi in extreme circumstances, bioremediation, complex and toxic effluents, and mycoremediation. The book was designed to explore the possibility of huge fungal diversity for present and future generation in different sectors of human life. Volume Two focuses on extremophilic fungi and myco-mediated environmental management.
- Summarizes various aspects of fungi in the field of microbiology, sustainable agriculture, nano-technology and environment
- Describes the molecular approaches and gene expression of fungi
- Provides a deeper understanding of fungi that could be articulated in various fields
Researchers in microbial biotechnology in both academy and corporate settings, graduate students on related subjects. Environmental Scientists and Engineers, microbiologists, plant pathologists, agronomists, molecular biologists, pharmacologists and related researchers
- Extremophilic fungi at the interface of climate change
- Bioprospects of extremophilic fungus Myceliopthrora thermophila: Insights from genomic analysis and recent developments
- Marine fungal biocatalysts: The bionomical standpoint
- Pharmaceutical applications of marine derived fungi isolated from Gulf of Mannar
- Biodiversity of the fungi in extreme marine environments 000 Thangavelu Ramesh
- Fungi mediated pollutant degradation and bioelectricity generation: An overview of current status
- Role of fungi in bioremediation of contaminated soil
- Fungi in bioremediation of soil: Mycoremediation of PAHs compounds
- Fungi in the bioremediation of toxic effluents
- Potential applications of fungi in the remediation of toxic effluents from pulp and paper industries
- Isolation and identification of South African indigenous fungal strains and assessment of their ability to degrade diclofenac in synthetic wastewater
- Advances in fungi: Rejuvenation of polluted sites
- Role of fungi and their enzymes in degradation and decolorization of distillery effluent for environmental safety
- Advances in mycoremediation of emerging potential toxic effluents
- Biosorption of heavy metals using fungal biosorbents < A review
- Fungal bioremediation of toxic textile dye effluents
- Fungi in bioremediation of soil organic pollutants
- Fungi in the bioremediation of toxic effluents
- Mycoremediation- Effective strategy to ameliorate arsenic toxicity
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 3rd November 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Vijay Kumar Sharma has a Ph.D. in Botany from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, U.P., India. He has more than eleven years of research experience, particularly in the area of endophytes. His research interest is in the bio-potential applications of endophytes and their mechanism. He also has a keen interest in emerging environmental issues and mitigation. He is currently working on the role of fungal endophytes in heavy metal stress tolerance of host plants, and mechanism. Dr. Sharma has more than thirty research articles and book chapters in journals of national and international repute to his credit. He is life time member of Mycological Society of India (MSI). He is also the recipient of MJ Thirumalachar Young Scientist Award Lectures by MSI in 2016. He also received Yunnan provincial government funding-II. He has also actively participated in many national and international conferences, symposia and workshops related to his research field.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Medical School of Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming, China
Maulin P. Shah, currently Chief Scientist & Head – Industrial Waste Water Research Lab, Division of Applied and Environmental Microbiology Lab at Enviro Technology Ltd., Ankleshwar, Gujarat, India. His major work involves isolation, screening, identification and Genetic Engineering of high impact of Microbes for the degradation of hazardous materials. He has more than 250 research publication in highly reputed national and international journals. He has edited 15 books with Elsevier, Springer.
Chief Scientist, Industrial Waste Water Research Lab, Division of Applied and Environmental Microbiology Lab, Enviro Technology Ltd., Ankleshwar, Gujarat, India
Dr. Parmar has a Ph.D. in Environment Science from from Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand, India. She has more than eight years of research experience, particularly in the area of toxic metal pollution of water bodies and soil, their phytoremediation, bio-prospects of endophytes in host plant growth enhancement and stress tolerance, and the mechanism. She has about 12 publications in journals and edited book of international repute such as Microbial Biotechnology and Elsevier. Recently she was awarded by the Yunnan provincial government, funding-II in China.
Postdoctoral Researcher, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming, China
Dr. Ajay Kumar is a visiting scientist at the Agriculture Research Organization, Volcani center, Rishon Leziyon, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development Israel. Dr. Kumar completed his doctoral research from Department of Botany, Institute of Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. He has published more than sixty research articles and book chapters in the leading International and National journals or books. He has wide area of research experience, especially in the field of Plant-Microbe Interactions, Microbial biocontrol, and Endophytes related with the medicinal plants. He is an invited member of the editorial committee of the“International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences” and “Journal of Plant Science and Agriculture Research. He is also an active reviewer for journals including PLOS ONE, Agriculture, Ecosystem and Environment, Biological Control, Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 3Biotech etc.
Agriculture Research Organization, Volcani Center, Rishon, Lezziyon, Israel
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.