Fundamentals of Bacterial Plant Pathology
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Intended as a text for plant bacteriology courses and as a reference for plant pathologists in agricultural extension services and experimental stations, Fundamentals of Bacterial Plant Pathology presents current information on bacterial morphology, taxonomy, genetics, and ecology. Diagnosis, disease management, and the molecular basis of host-pathogen interactions are examined. The book is well illustrated, includes both subject and taxonomic indexes, and provides suggestions for the further reading.
- Provides an overview on phytopathogenic prokaryotes and plant prokaryote diseases
- Contains detailed descriptions of topics of current interest including: Molecular Genetics of Pathogenesis
- Modern taxonomy and ecological behaviors of phytopathogenic prokaryotes
- Biological control of plant prokaryote diseases
- Presents full descriptions of eighteen selected diseases of economic interest
Table of Contents
Morphology, Structure, and Composition.
Taxonomy of Plant Pathogenic Prokaryotes.
Lysis of Bacteria.
Pathogenesis and Resistance.
Life Cycle of Dispersal of Plant Pathogenic Prokaryotes.
Infection and Disease Development.
Effect of Environment on Disease Development.
Diagnosis and Control of Bacterial Plant Diseases.
Specific Bacterial Plant Diseases.
- No. of pages: 342
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1992
- Published: October 1, 1992
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780323140447
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Shizuoka University, Japan
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Fundamentals of Bacterial Plant Pathology"