Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Intended as a text for plant bacteriology courses and as a reference for plant pathologists in agricultural extension services and experimental stations, Fundamentals of Bacterial Plant Pathology presents current information on bacterial morphology, taxonomy, genetics, and ecology. Diagnosis, disease management, and the molecular basis of host-pathogen interactions are examined. The book is well illustrated, includes both subject and taxonomic indexes, and provides suggestions for the further reading.
- Provides an overview on phytopathogenic prokaryotes and plant prokaryote diseases
- Contains detailed descriptions of topics of current interest including: Molecular Genetics of Pathogenesis
- Modern taxonomy and ecological behaviors of phytopathogenic prokaryotes
- Biological control of plant prokaryote diseases
- Presents full descriptions of eighteen selected diseases of economic interest
Morphology, Structure, and Composition.
Taxonomy of Plant Pathogenic Prokaryotes.
Lysis of Bacteria.
Pathogenesis and Resistance.
Life Cycle of Dispersal of Plant Pathogenic Prokaryotes.
Infection and Disease Development.
Effect of Environment on Disease Development.
Diagnosis and Control of Bacterial Plant Diseases.
Specific Bacterial Plant Diseases.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1992
- 1st October 1992
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
Shizuoka University, Japan
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.