- Develops a discourse about the concept of FoI
- Discussion of the human rights claim appropriates the concepts of Hohfeldian analysis for more radical purposes in support of the idea that the state has a duty to implement FoI practices
Table of Contents
- Developing countries and freedom of information; The diffusion problem and the semantic shift; Compliance and the impulse to secrecy; Freedom of information as a human right; Struggles for freedom of information in countries in transition; Struggles for freedom of information in Africa; From adversarialism to FoI 2.0.
- No. of pages: 336
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2009
- Published: December 14, 2009
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781780630205
About the Authors
Peter G Underwood
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Freedom of Information and the Developing World"