@bul:* Explains how to use coordinate databases and atomic coordinates of biological macromolecules
* Teaches the skills of stereoviewing
* Contains computer-generated stereographics
* Describes the principles of symmetry and handedness in proteins and DNA
* Introduces metal and lipid binding proteins and DNA-protein interactions
* Explains the principles involved in understanding secondary and quaternary structure
* Includes coverage of protein-metal, protein-nucleic acid, and protein-lipid interactions
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Protein Structure.
Solid State and Solution Methods for Determining Biological Macromolecular Structure.
Crystallographic Coordinates and Stereodrawings.
Properties of Biomacromolecules in the Crystalline State.
Quaternary Structure of Proteins.
Secondary Structure of Proteins.
Domains and Super-secondary Structure.
Conformational States in Crystal and NMR Structures.
Hydrogen Bonds and Water Molecules in Crystalline Proteins.
Protein and Nucleic Acid Complexes.
Metal Ions Bound to Proteins.
Lipid Protein Interactions.
- No. of pages: 184
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2000
- Published: January 7, 2000
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080521848
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
(Total rating for all reviews)
Bawon T. Fri Mar 16 2018
old but essential
this old book contain essential knowledge in structural biology subject