* Illustrated with many practical examples and case studies
* Provides the fundamental equations describing performance and dynamic behaviour
Table of Contents
- Preface * Abbreviations * Introduction * Rotocraft configurations * The rotor in hover * The rotor in axial flight - climb and descent * The rotor in forward flight * Dynamics of the rotor * Autorotative performance * Blade dynamics * Helicopter trim * Vibration and its transmission * Tail rotors * Ground resonance * Rotor speed governing * Methods of calculating helicopter power, fuel consumption and mission performance * Epilogue - the windmill * References * Bibliography * Index.
- No. of pages: 320
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Butterworth-Heinemann 1994
- Published: April 7, 1994
- Imprint: Butterworth-Heinemann
- eBook ISBN: 9780080928548
- Paperback ISBN: 9780340587027
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Foundations of Helicopter Flight"