Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Artificial Intelligence is a disruptive technology that is having a profound and growing influence on the business of health care as well as medical diagnosis, treatment, research and clinical delivery. The AI relationships in health care are complex, but understandable, especially when discussed and developed from their foundational elements through to their practical applications in health care. Foundational Handbook of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare and Bioscience: A User Friendly Guide for IT Professionals, Healthcare Providers, Researchers, and Clinicians uses color-coded illustrations in Section One to explain AI from its basics through its modern technologies. Section Two provides practical discussions with extensive, current literature research and citations regarding AI’s role in the business and clinical aspects of health care. The book provides readers with a unique opportunity to appreciate AI technology in practical terms and understand its applications and profound influence in the clinical and business aspects of health care.
- Provides an illustrated foundational guide and description of what Artificial Intelligence is and how it functions
- Integrates a comprehensive discussion of AI applications in the business of health care
- Provides in-depth clinical and AI-related discussions on diagnostic medicine, therapeutic medicine, and prevalent disease categories with an emphasis on immunology and genetics, the two categories most influenced by AI
- Includes comprehensive coverage of a variety of AI treatment applications, including medical/pharmaceutical care, nursing care, stem cell therapies, robotics, and 10 common disease categories with AI applications, including cardiovascular, cancer, neurological, degenerative disease and injury in aging, infectious disease, Type 2 diabetes, sensory, and immunological and autoimmune disease
Academics (scientists, researchers, MSc. PhD. students) in the fields of Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Technology. The audience also includes researchers and clinicians in biotech, medical, and healthcare fields. The book may be used in Medical, Biomedical, and Data Science oriented courses given at especially Health, Biology, Biomedical Engineering or similar programs of universities, institutions
SECTION ONE: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI): UNDERSTANDING THE TECHNOLOGY
1. The Evolution of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
2. The Basic computer
3. The science and technologies of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
SECTION TWO: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (AI): APPLICATIONS IN HEALTH AND WELLNESS
4. AI Applications in the Business of Health Care
5. AI Applications in Diagnostic Technologies and Services
6. AI Applications in Medical Therapies and Services
7. AI Applications in Prevalent Diseases and Disorders
8. SARS-COV-2 and the COVID-19 Pandemic
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st November 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Louis J. (“Lou”) Catania is an internationally acclaimed educator, a recognized expert in eye care, health care, AI, and disruptive technologies in bioscience. He has authored over 160 journal articles and 9 textbooks including Primary Care of the Anterior Segment from Appleton and Lange which received Baron’s Five Star (highest) rating for medical textbooks. He is currently a Senior Clinical Associate with Nicolitz Eye Consultants, a multispecialty ophthalmology group in Jacksonville, FL, United States. He is a lecturer with the Department of Continuing Education, University of North Florida, United States and a visiting Professor at College of Health Sciences, Salus University, United States. Over his 52-year clinical and academic career he has expanded his professional scope through postdoctoral studies in artificial intelligence, immunology, and genetics. He has been awarded two Honorary Doctor of Science degrees, named Distinguished Faculty Scholar, State University of New York College of Optometry, inducted into the National Optometry Hall of Fame (2016); Myers Honorary Lecturer at Ohio State University (2017) and commencement speaker and honorary Doctor of Science degree from Salus University (2019).
Nicolitz Eye Consultants, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.