Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part One: Authorised reduction of disease risk claims
1. Calcium, and Calcium with Vitamin D (for low bone mineral density and risk of fractures)
2. Vitamin D (for risk of falls)
3. Folic Acid (for risk of neural tube defects)
4. MUFA and PUFA (for reduced cholesterol and reduced risk of coronary heart disease)
Part Two: Health claims based on emerging science
6. Glycaemic Carbohyrates (for recovery of normal muscle function after strenuous exercise)
7. Reformulated, non-alcoholic, acidic drinks (for reduction of tooth demineralisation)
8. Sugar Beet Fibre (for increased faecal bulk)
Part Three: General function claims
14. Chitosan (for maintenance of normal blood cholesterol)
15. Meal replacements (for maintenance of weight loss and contribution to weight loss)
16. Arabinoxylan and alpha-Cyclodextrin (for reduction of blood glucose rise)
17. Carbohydrates (for maintenance of normal brain function)
18. Activated charcoal, lactulose and melatonin (Claims that could be considered medicinal)
Foods, Nutrients and Food Ingredients with Authorized EU Health Claims, Volume Three, provides an overview of how health claims are regulated in the European Union, along with detailed scientific and regulatory information about permitted health claims for foods and ingredients. The latest volume in this series focuses on regulatory coverage from EC 1924/2006, including the most recently authorized claims. Topics discussed include sections on the Authorized reduction of disease risk claims, including calcium, calcium with Vitamin D, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Limicol® and MUFA and PUFA., health claims based on emerging science, recent regulatory announcements, and finally, general function claims.
The book represents the go-to resource for R&D managers and technical managers in the food and beverage and dietary supplements industry, product development managers, health professionals and academic researchers in the field.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of foods and food substances that have achieved approved health claims in Europe under Regulation EC 1924/2006
- Covers properties and applications of each ingredient, as well as evidence for the health claim and how it benefits consumers
- Outlines the importance of each claim in product development and marketing, and in regulatory issues, such as conditions of use
Persons involved in health claims for foods/foodstuffs in regulatory bodies, R&D in companies, universities/research institutions; Product development managers; health professionals; R&D managers and technical managers in the food and beverage industry; Food and food supplement manufacturers in the EU
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 30th October 2017
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Michèle Sadler has been working as an independent nutrition consultant, with experience as a nutritionist at BNF and IGD. Her company, Rank Nutrition Ltd, focusses on the application of nutrition science within the food industry, including nutritional strategy, new product development and product positioning particularly in the area of health claims, advice on product composition, compiling dossiers for health claim applications, and advising on protocols for clinical trials to support health claim applications.
Consultant Nutrition Scientist, Rank Nutrition Ltd, UK