Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Physical Properties of Food Materials
2. Fluid Flow
3. Heat and Mass Transfer, Basic Principles
4. Reaction Kinetics
5. Elements of Process Control
6. Size Reduction
10. Membrane Processes
12. Adsorption and Ion Exchange
14. Crystallization and Dissolution
16. Spoilage and Preservation of Foods
17. Thermal Processing
18. Thermal Processes, Methods and Equipment
19. Refrigeration, Chilling and Freezing
20. Refrigeration, Equipment and Methods
23. Freeze-Drying (Lyophilization) and Freezed Concentration
24. Frying, Baking, Roasting
25. Ionizing Irradiation and other Non-thermal Preservation Processes
26. Food Packaging
27. Cleaning, Disinfection, Sanitation
Food Process Engineering and Technology, Third Edition combines scientific depth with practical usefulness, creating a tool for graduate students and practicing food engineers, technologists and researchers looking for the latest information on transformation and preservation processes and process control and plant hygiene topics. This fully updated edition provides recent research and developments in the area, features sections on elements of food plant design, an introductory section on the elements of classical fluid mechanics, a section on non-thermal processes, and recent technologies, such as freeze concentration, osmotic dehydration, and active packaging that are discussed in detail.
- Provides a strong emphasis on the relationship between engineering and product quality/safety
- Considers cost and environmental factors
- Presents a fully updated, adequate review of recent research and developments in the area
- Includes a new, full chapter on elements of food plant design
- Covers recent technologies, such as freeze concentration, osmotic dehydration, and active packaging that are discussed in detail
Students and professionals in food engineering and food science and technology
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 13th February 2018
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Berk is a chemical engineer and food scientist with a long history of work in food engineering, including appointments as a professor at Technion IIT, MIT, and Agro-Paris and as a consultant at UNIDO, FAO, the Industries Development Corporation, and Nestle. He is the recipient of the International Association of Food and Engineering Life Achievement Award (2011), and has written 6 books (3 with Elsevier) and numerous papers and reviews. His main research interests include heat and mass transfer and kinetics of deterioration.
Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.