Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Food Authenticity and Traceability covers the most recent trends and important topics in food authentication, with an emphasis on the components of a food traceability systems. The book discusses techniques such as omics-based technologies, chromatographic methods, mass spectrometry, hyperspectral and chemical imaging, molecular and DNA-based techniques, chemometrics and data mining algorithms, high-throughput sequencing, and non-targeted fingerprinting approaches and proteomics.
- Includes information on blockchain for food traceability analysis
- Discusses consumer preferences and perceptions regarding food traceability drivers and food fraud
- Presents approaches of authentication for food of animal origin and omics-based technologies
Food safety professionals; regulators; risk assessors and risk managers; Food scientists, food technologists
1. Food authentication: Introduction, techniques and prospects
2. Food Fraud
3. Chromatographic methods
4. Mass Spectrometry in Food Authenticity and Traceability
5. Chemical Imaging in Food Authentication
6. Non-targeted fingerprinting approaches
7. DNA-based techniques
8. Omics-based technologies for food authentication and traceability
9. Proteomics for food authentication
10. Future challenges on the use of blockchain for food traceability analysis
11. Regulatory aspects
12. Metabolomic approaches
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 20th November 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Charis M. Galanakis is a multidisciplinary scientist in agricultural sciences as well as food and environmental science, technology, and sustainability, with experience in both industry and academia. He is the research and innovation director of Galanakis Laboratories in Chania, Greece, an adjunct professor of King Saud University in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, and the director of Food Waste Recovery Group (SIG5) of ISEKI Food Association in Vienna, Austria. He pioneered the new discipline of food waste recovery and has established the most prominent innovation network in the field. He also serves as a senior consultant for the food industry and expert evaluator for international and regional funded programs and proposals. He is an editorial board member of Food and Bioproducts Processing, Food Research International, and Foods, has edited over 45 books, and has published hundreds of research articles, reviews, monographs, chapters, and conference proceedings.
Galanakis Laboratories, Chania, Greece
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.