Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Fluid-Solid Reactions, Second Edition takes a detailed and thorough look at the scope of fluid-solid reaction systems, focusing on the four phenomena: external mass transfer, pore diffusion, chemical reaction, and adsorption/desorption. This completely revised new edition builds on the classic original edition through the introduction of cutting-edge new theories and applications, including the formulation and application of a new and convenient law that governs fluid-solid reaction kinetics. This book will be of primary interest to practicing engineers engaged in process research, development, and design in the many fields where fluid-solid reactions are critical to workflow and research.
Fluid-solid reactions play a major role in the technology of most industrialized nations. These reactions encompass a very broad field, including the extraction of metals from their ores, the combustion of solid fuels, coal gasification, and the incineration of solid refuse.
- Features 50% new and revised content, arming researchers with the latest developments in the field
- Details a new unified approach to modeling the rates of fluid-solid reaction systems
- Authored by one of the world’s foremost experts on fluid-solid reactions and their applications in the field
Chemists, geochemists, chemical engineers, and materials scientists in research institutes and industry. Instructors, graduate students and upper-level undergraduate students taking related coursework
2. Elements of Fluid-Solid Reactions
3. Reaction Kinetics of Fine Particles
4. General Approach to Fluid-Solid Reaction Analysis and Modeling
5. Reactions of Single Nonporous Solids
6. Reactions of Single Porous Solids
7. Sohn’s Law of Fluid-Solid Reaction Rates
8. Extension of Basic Analysis to Complex Systems
9. Reactions between Solids Proceeding through Gaseous Intermediates
10. Design of Multiparticle Fluid-Solid Reactors
11. Experimental Techniques for Fluid-Solid Reaction Rate Measurement
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 12th August 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
H. Y. Sohn, PhD, is a Distinguished Professor of Metallurgical Engineering and an Adjunct Professor of Chemical Engineering at the University of Utah. He is also an Honorary Professor of Metallurgy in the Department of Metallurgy at Kunming University of Science and Technology in China. Dr. Sohn has more than 40 years of experience in research and instruction and has received more than a dozen awards for his work, including being named the only four-time winner of the TMS Extraction and Processing Science Award from The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society (TMS). Dr. Sohn has authored five monographs and more than 550 journal articles throughout his career, as well as 17 edited books and 23 book chapters. His primary research interests include chemical synthesis of inorganic nanomaterials, metallurgical process engineering including CFD modeling, nonferrous metal production, fluid–solid reaction engineering, synthesis and processing of ceramic and intermetallic compounds, hydrogen storage materials development, solvent extraction, and the combustion of solids and liquids.
Distinguished Professor, Metallurgical Engineering Adjunct Professor, Chemical Engineering, University of Utah, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.