Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to the fatigue life prediction of composite materials and structures: past, present and future prospects
Part I Fatigue life behavior and modeling
2. Phenomenological fatigue analysis and life modelling
3. Residual strength fatigue theories for composite materials
4. Creep/fatigue/relaxation of angle-ply GFRP composite laminates
5. Fatigue behavior of nanoparticle-filled fibrous polymericcomposites
6. High-temperature fatigue behavior of woven-ply thermoplastic composites
7. Fatigue behavior of thick composite laminates
8. Fatigue damage and lifetime prediction of fiber-reinforced ceramic-matrix composites
9. Fatigue behaviors of fiber-reinforced composite 3D printing
10. Computational intelligence methods for the fatigue life modeling of composite materials
Part II Fatigue life prediction and monitoring
11. Fatigue life prediction under realistic loading conditions
12. Fatigue life prediction of composite materials under constant amplitude loading
13. Prediction of fatigue crack initiation in UD laminates under different stress ratios
14. A progressive damage mechanics algorithm for life prediction of composite materials under cyclic complex stress
15. Stiffness-based approach to fatigue life prediction of composite materials
16. The fatigue damage evolution in the load-carrying composite laminates of wind turbine blades
Part III Applications
17. Probabilistic fatigue life prediction of composite materials
18. Computer tools for the fatigue life prediction of composite materials and structures
19. Fatigue life prediction of wind turbine rotor blades
20. In-situ fatigue damage analysis and prognostics of composite structures based on health monitoring data
Fatigue Life Prediction of Composites and Composite Structures, Second Edition, is a comprehensive review of fatigue damage and fatigue life modeling and prediction methodologies for composites and their use in practice. In this new edition, existing chapters are fully updated, while new chapters are introduced to cover the most recent developments in the field. The use of composites is growing in structural applications in many industries, including aerospace, marine, wind turbine and civil engineering. However, there are uncertainties about their long-term performance, including performance issues relating to cyclic fatigue loading that hinder the adoption of a commonly accepted credible fatigue design methodology for the life prediction of composite engineering structures. With its distinguished editor and international team of contributors, this book is a standard reference for industry professionals and researchers alike.
- Examines past, present and future trends associated with the fatigue life prediction of composite materials and structures
- Assesses novel computational methods for fatigue life modeling and prediction of composite materials under constant amplitude loading
- Covers a wide range of techniques for predicting fatigue, including their theoretical background and practical applications
- Addresses new topics and covers contemporary research developments in the field
Researchers in industry and academia, and PhD students wishing to keep up to date on information about fatigue behavior and modeling of composite materials
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 8th October 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Anastasios P. Vassilopoulos is a Senior Scientist (MER) in the Composite Construction Laboratory (CCLab) at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland. He has an international reputation for his work on fatigue life prediction of composite materials under complex, irregular stress states and his contribution in the development of novel experimental procedures for the analysis of the fatigue/fracture behavior of composites.
Senior Scientist, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.