- Provides a critical analysis of advanced welding techniques and their potential failure mechanisms
- Experts in the field survey a range of welding processes and examine reactions under various types of loading conditions
- Examines the current state of fatigue life prediction of welded materials and structures in the context of spot welded joints and non-destructive evaluation of quality
Table of Contents
- Mechanics modeling of spot welds under general loading conditions and applications to fatigue life predictions; Resistance spot weld failure mode and weld performance for aluminium alloys; Resistance spot weld performance and weld failure modes for dual phase and TRIP steels; Fatigue behavior of spot welded joints in steel sheets; Non-destructive evaluation of spot weld quality; Solid state joining - fundamentals of friction stir welding; Failure mechanisms in friction stir welds; Microstructure characteristics and mechanical properties of the magnesium and aluminium alloy laser weld bonded joint; Fatigue in laser welds; Weld metal ductility and its influence on formability of tailor welded blanks; Joining of lightweight materials using reactive nanofoils.
- No. of pages: 336
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2010
- Published: July 15, 2010
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845699765
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Failure Mechanisms of Advanced Welding Processes"