Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Survey of applications
This book discusses the main issues of fabrication and design, and applications of micromachined resonant devices, including techniques commonly used for processing the output signal of resonant micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS). Concepts of resonance are introduced, with an overview of fabrication techniques for micromachined devices – important to understand as design options will depend on how the device will be fabricated. Also explained: excitation and signal detection methods; an analytic model of device behavior (a valuable design tool); numerical simulation techniques; issues of damping and noise for resonant MEMS; electronic interfacing; packaging issues; and numerous examples of resonant MEMS from academia and industry.
- Offers numerous academic and industrial examples of resonant MEMS
- Provides an analytic model of device behaviour
- Explains two-port systems in detail
- Devotes ample space to excitation and signal detection methods
- Covers issues of damping and noise for resonant MEMS, two topics of particular importance for high-Q devices
Engineers in the field of micromachining, the design of resonant devices, MEMS, or sensor design
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2008
- 3rd September 2008
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Cambridge University, UK