Exploring Medical Language
A Student-Directed Approach
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
With Exploring Medical Language, 10th Edition, you can now master medical terms on your terms! At the heart of this one-of-a-kind learning package is an innovative worktext, which enables you to gradually acquire an understanding of medical terminology by first learning word parts and then learning how to combine the parts into full medical terms that make sense. Perhaps even better is the wide range of engaging online learning tools — tools like interactive games, puzzles, application activities, and on-the-go auditory reviews — that come with the worktext to help reinforce your learning and help you understand how the terms are used in the professional world. In all, this is the only resource on the market that incorporates all the proven methods for mastering medical terminology that work best for today’s learners.
- Systematic presentation of medical terminology provides a foundation of word parts (prefixes, suffixes, and word roots), then builds words by combining the parts.
- Comprehensive coverage of words that are built from word parts and other important terms creates a distinction between terms built from word parts and those not easily recognized as built from word parts and provides thorough coverage of both.
- Over 400 flashcards enable readers to review word parts when and where they want.
- Margin boxes detail important information such as medical terminology facts and tips, historical information, weblinks, and complementary and alternative medicine terms.
- Simulations of electronic health records familiarize readers with the growing use of EHRs in healthcare settings.
- AudioTerms study companion can be easily downloaded to portable media players and includes over 3,000 terms, each of which is pronounced and defined.
- Integrated online learning tools feature interactive games and activities, A+P boosters, career videos, and more that cater to the way today’s learners master medical terminology.
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction to Medical Language and Online Learning
2. Body Structure, Color, and Oncology
3. Directional Terms, Planes, Positions, Regions, and Quadrants
4. Integumentary System
5. Respiratory System and Introduction to Diagnostic Procedures and Tests
6. Urinary System
7. Male Reproductive System
8. Female Reproductive System
9. Obstetrics and Neonatology
10. Cardiovascular, Immune, Lymphatic Systems and Blood
11. Digestive System
14. Musculoskeletal System
15. Nervous System and Behavioral Health
16. Endocrine System
- No. of pages: 800
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Mosby 2017
- Published: December 27, 2016
- Imprint: Mosby
- eBook ISBN: 9780323415750
About the Authors
Myrna LaFleur Brooks
Myrna was a health science faculty member and division chair with the Maricopa County Community College for 27 years. During that time she taught medical terminology and developed the curriculum for seven other health occupation education programs. She is also the co-author of Exploring Medical Language.
Affiliations and Expertise
Founding President of the National Association of Health Unit Clerks/Coordinators, Faculty Emeritus, Maricopa County Community College District, Phoenix, AZ
Danielle LaFleur Brooks
Danielle has taught medical terminology and medical assisting courses in face-to-face, hybrid, and online formats since 2008. She has led the writing of Basic Medical Language since 1996, utilizing her knowledge of how students learn based on her previous career as a high school English Teacher. She is the co-author of Exploring Medical Language.
Affiliations and Expertise
Faculty, Community Colleges of Vermont
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Exploring Medical Language"