- The first comprehensive thermodynamic interpretation and explanation of evolution
- This thermodynamic interpretation makes it possible to quantify the various steps of evolution
- This interpretation explains the wide spectrum of different mechanisms on which the evolution has been based
Table of Contents
Part 1: Thermodynamics, Ecosystems and the Evolutionary Mechanisms.
1. An introduction to thermodynamics and information theory.
2. Thermodynamic and the evolutionary process.
3. The evolutionary mechanisms.
4. Extreme Environment.
Part 2: History of Biological Evolution from a Thermodynamic Point of View. Eco-Exergy as a Criterion of Selection in Macro-evolution.
5. The evolution of the Universe.
6. From Inorganic to Poly-organic Compounds.
7. From Poly-organic Compounds to Eukaryote Cells.
8. Pluricellular Organization and the Cambrian Explosion.
9. From the Ordovician Period to the Jurassic Period.
10. The Evolution from Dinosaurs to Birds and Mammals.
11. From Primates to Human.
Part 3: A holistic thermodynamic interpretation of the Evolution.
12.The three growth forms and the evolution.
13. The evolution of diversity.
14. Eco-exergy and ascendency.
15. The evolution of ecological networks.
16. Summary of the Evolution of Eco-exergy and Discussion of the Evolutionary Possibilities in the Future.
17. A holistic picture of evolutionary thermodynamics.
- No. of pages: 224
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2008
- Published: July 8, 2008
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080559971
About the Author
Sven Erik Jorgensen
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Evolutionary Essays"