A guide to evidence-based decision making for healthcare, medical and nurse managers.
- New edition of a highly praised and successful book in one of the hottest areas of medicine.
- Covers the vital areas for healthcare managers - finding and appraising evidence and developing the capacity of individuals and organisations to use evidence.
- Pressure on healthcare services is growing - this book will be indispensable for managers making difficult decisions about the allocation of scarce resources.
- Exceptionally well written - highly praised by the Journal of the American Medical Association and the British Medical Journal.
Prologue: The globalisation of healthcare problems and their solutions. Evidence-Based healthcare. Doing the right things right. Making decisions about health services. Searching for evidence. Appraising the quality of research. Assessing the outcomes found. The evidence-based organisation. Evidence-based public health. Developing the evidence management skills of individuals. The evidence-based consultation. Epilogue: Evidence-based healthcare in the post-modern era.
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2009
- 3rd November 2008
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Director, National Knowledge Service, NHS; NHS Chief Knowledge Officer; Professor of Knowledge Management, Nuffield Department of Surgery, University of Oxford; Director, Better Value Healthcare Ltd, UK