- Imaging Scenarios spark classroom discussion and encourage students to apply what they have learned and develop critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Review Questions at the end of each chapter allow students to test their retention of chapter content.
- Critical Thinking Questions and Activities helps students examine their personal responses to various situations and encourages them to expand on their knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Professional Profiles present a brief glimpse into how ethics and law impact the daily lives of professional imaging technologists.
- Margin Definitions and Glossary provide an easily accessible resource to understanding terminology.
- Learning Objectives and Chapter Outline focus the student on the most important content.
2. Principles of Beneficence and Nonmaleficence
3. Caring and Communication
4. Patient Autonomy and Informed Consent
5. Truthfulness and Confidentiality
6. Death and Dying
7. Health Care Distribution
8. Student and Employee Rights
10. Overview of Future Challenges
Appendix A: Code of Ethics
Appendix B: Sample Documentation Forms
Answers to Chapter Review Questions