This is the sixth edition of a popular, highly readable primer in obstetrics and gynaecology. It has been thoroughly updated and aligns with the undergraduate curriculum in O&G devised by the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Highly illustrated throughout
- Essential information points at the end of chapters
- Case histories
- Practical procedures boxes
- Alert (warnings or advice) and tick (guidance or definitions) boxes throughout
- Over 100 self-assessment MCQs
- Appendices: Principles of Perioperative Care; Governance, Audit and Research
- Reflects the national undergraduate curriculum in obstetrics and gynaecology in the UK and Australia
Section 1 Essential reproductive science
1. Anatomy of the Female Pelvis; 2. Conception and Implantation; 3. Physiological Changes in Pregnancy; 4. Placental and Fetal Growth and Development; 5. Perinatal and Maternal Mortality
Section 2 Essential obstetrics
6. History Taking and Examination in Obstetrics; 7. Normal Pregnancy and Antenatal Care; 8. Obstetric Disorders; 9. Maternal Medicine; 10. Congenital Abnormalities and Assessment of Fetal Wellbeing; 11. Management of Labour; 12. Management of Delivery; 13. Postpartum and Early Neonatal Care; 14. Mental Health and Childbirth
Section 3 Essential gynaecology
15. Basic Clinical Skills in Gynaecology; 16. Gynaecological Disorders; 17. Infertility; 18. Early Pregnancy Care; 19. Sexual and Reproductive Health; 20. Gynaecological Oncology; 21. Prolapse and Disorders of the Urinary Tract
A. Principles of Perioperative Care; B. Governance, Audit and Research; C. Medicolegal Aspects of Obstetrics and Gynaecology; OSCE Stations Questions; OSCE Stations Answers; Self-assessment Questions; Self-assessment Answers; Further Reading; Index
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 17th August 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dean of Medicine, University of Adelaide; Head of School, Adelaide Medical School; Visiting Medical Specialist in Obstetrics, Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia
Sir Sabaratnam Arulkumaran, PhD, DSc, FRCOG, FRCS, FACOG, Emeritus Professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (O&G) of St. George’s University, London; Foundation Professor of O&G, University of Nicosia, Visiting Professor, Institute of Global Health Innovation, Imperial College, London; Past President of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (2007-2010); President: International Federation of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (FIGO) 2012-2015; Head, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, St George’s University Hospital, London, UK (1997-2013). National award recipient of Knight Bachelor in the UK and Sri Lanka Ranjana in Sri Lanka for services to Medicine.
Professor Emeritus, Division of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St George’s University of London, London, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.