Focusing on the therapeutic challenges related to the horse's unique anatomy and physiology, this comprehensive text is the first equine specific, clinical pharmacology and therapeutics text available! Covering the principles and use of pharmaceutical products in the equine, this practical reference is organized by either drug class or, where more pertinent, by system. It also provides comprehensive information on drug dose rates that is summarized alphabetically at the end of the book as a formulary of generic drugs.
- The latest information on therapeutic options for horses is provided, including products recently introduced on the market.
- An alphabetic, generic formulary in the back of the book provides readers with a handy, quick reference.
- Content is clearly cross referenced, making information concise and easy to find.
- A practical systems approach is useful to practitioners and students alike.
- Comprehensive discussions provide a sound basis for making therapeutic decisions in equine practice.
- Well-referenced content offers readers a solid background in clinical pharmacology and therapeutics.
- Basic pharmacological principles for equine veterinary practitioners
2. Antibacterial drugs
3. Antiprotozoal drugs
5. Drugs acting on the endocrine system
6. Drugs acting on the gastrointestinal system
7. Intra-articular medication and chondroprotection
8. Drugs affecting muscle
9. Drugs acting on the neurologic system and behavioural modification
10. Drugs acting on the urinary system
11. Drugs acting on the reproductive system
12. Drugs acting on the cardiovascular system
13. Ophthalmic therapeutics
14. Anti-inflammatory drugs
15. Anesthetics, tranquilizers, analgesics
16. Inhalant therapy and medication for the respiratory system
17. Fluid therapy
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders Ltd. 2004
- 2nd April 2004
- Saunders Ltd.
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: