Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. What is exercise and sports and how do they improve population health
2. Epigenetic processes- an Overview
3. Methods used to study exercise and sports epigenetics
4. Nutrients, metabolism and epigenetic change
5. Obesity epigenetics and exercise
6. Epigenetic change and different types of exercise
7. Epigenetic change, exercise and ageing
8. Epigenetics, exercise and the immune system
9. Epigenetics, Alzheimer’s disease and exercise
10. Sports genomics current status and limitations
11. Musculoskeletal injuries and epigenetics
12. Sports concussion and epigenetics
13. Epigenetics and doping in sports: the role of microRNA
14. Future perspectives and concluding remarks
Epigenetics of Exercise and Sports, Volume 24: Concepts, Methods, and Current Research explains fundamental epigenetic processes and how they are altered by exercise and sports. After a brief review of fundamental epigenetic biology, this all-new volume in the Translational Epigenetics series offers step-by-step instruction on how epigenetic factors are investigated for their influence over exercise related traits of human physiology, disease and injury. The current state of knowledge and recent findings are discussed in detail, illuminating how exercise and sports performance may epigenetically modify our physiology, disease and injury risks.
The book also explores the shortcomings of explaining exercise related phenomena using only genomics and traditional biochemical techniques, setting the scene for a paradigm shift in exercise biology. In addition, over a dozen international specialists contribute chapters on exercise and sports epigenetics, reporting their expertise on metabolism, obesity, aging, immunity and neurological disease.
- Thoroughly examines fundamental concepts in exercise and sports epigenetics, methods for new research, and known impacts for human physiology, disease and clinical outcomes
- Discusses exercise and sports epigenetics in relation to metabolism, obesity, aging, immunity, neurological diseases, concussion, sports doping, and many other topics
- Features chapter contributions from international experts in the field
Human geneticists; human genomicists; translational researchers in genomic medicine, epigenetics, physiology, aging, biochemistry, sports medicine and exercise sciences, molecular biology; life science researchers; immunologists, oncologists; bioengineers; developmental biologists, physiologists
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st May 2021
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.