See how energy therapies can normalize physiology and restore your patients’ health! Energy Medicine: The Scientific Basis, 2nd Edition provides a deeper understanding of energy and energy flow in the human body. Using well-established scientific research, this book documents the presence of energy fields, discerns how those fields are generated, and determines how they are altered by disease, disorder, or injury. It then describes how therapeutic applications can restore natural energy flows within the body. Written by recognized energy medicine expert Dr. James Oschman — who is also a physiologist, cellular biologist, and biophysicist — this resource shows how the science of energetics may be used in healing diseases that conventional medicine has difficulty treating.
- Easy-to-understand coverage simplifies the theory of energy medicine and the science behind it, providing detailed, coherent explanations for a complex subject.
- Well-established scientific research shows why and how energy medicine works.
- Multi-disciplinary approach covers energy medicine as it applies to various healthcare disciplines, from acupuncture to osteopathy to therapeutic touch and energy psychology.
Foreword to the First Edition
Preface to the First Edition
Preface to the Second Edition
1. Introducing and Defining Energy and Energy Medicine
2. Basic Physics and Biophysics, Part I: Electricity and Magnetism
3. Basic Physics and Biophysics: Electromagnetism and Resonance
4. Historical Origins of Energy Medicine
5. Electrobiology and Electrophysiology
6. Electricity and Magnetism in Diagnosis and Therapeutics
7. Bodywork, Energetic and Movement Therapies
8. Measuring the Fields of Life
9. Regulatory Energetics
10. Energy ‘Circuits’ in the Body
11. The Living Matrix: Ten Perspectives
12. Energy Medicine and the Sciences of the Subconscious and Intuition
13. The Energetic Blueprint of Life and Health
14. Acupuncture, Acupressure, Shiatsu, and Related Therapies
15. Silent Pulses and Rhythmic Entrainment
16. The Electromagnetic Environment
17. Energy Medicine in Daily Life
Appendix I: The Regulation Devices Used in the Practice of Energy Medicine
Appendix Ii: Legal, Ethical, and Other CAM Resources
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2016
- 6th October 2015
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Nature's Own Research Association, Dover, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.