Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
The Encyclopedia of the Neuroscience explores all areas of the discipline in its focused entries on a wide variety of topics in neurology, neurosurgery, psychiatry and other related areas of neuroscience. Each article is written by an expert in that specific domain and peer reviewed by the advisory board before acceptance into the encyclopedia. Each article contains a glossary, introduction, a reference section, and cross-references to other related encyclopedia articles. Written at a level suitable for university undergraduates, the breadth and depth of coverage will appeal beyond undergraduates to professionals and academics in related fields. Arranged alphabetically by title, the articles encompass 10 volumes, making this the authoritative reference for the field.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of neuroscience in 10 volumes
- 32 separate areas of neuroscience and neurology covered for breadth and depth of content
- Language is accessible for undergraduates, depth appropriate for scientists
- Authored and edited by world class researchers in neuroscience, followed by peer review
- Extensive use of figures, tables, and color illustrations and photographs
- Glossaries, further reading suggestions, and cross-references provide additional tools to understand material
- Index provides opportunities to find entries under multiple relevant terms or find related material easily
- Available in print and online versions
Academic, medical, corporate, and institional libraries serving neuroscience and related fields of research
Subject areas covered: Autonomic Nervous System; Communication, language and speech; Disease and Dysfunction; Evolution and Comparative Biology of Nervous Systems; History; Intercellular Communication; Methods and Techniques; Molecular and Cell Biology of Nervous Systems; Motor Neuromuscular System; Nervous System Development, Repair and Aging; Neural Basis of Behavior; Sensory Systems; Structural Organization of the Brain
- © Academic Press 2009
- 1st May 2009
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
Larry R. Squire is Distinguished Professor of Psychiatry, Neurosciences, and Psychology at the University of California, San Diego. He is also a Research Career Scientist at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in San Diego. Squire is a member of the National Academy of Sciences and a past president of the Society for Neuroscience.
VA Medical Center and University of California, La Jolla, California, USA