- Not Applicable ISBN 9780123750396
- Electronic ISBN 9780123750389
- Named a 2012 Outstanding Academic Title by the American Library Association's Choice publication
- Serves as a compendium of reviews of a number of domain-specific areas, such as acting, dance, expressive arts, film, food, music, religion, science, sports, theater, and writing.
- Creativity and education are examined in articles about thought processes, such as developmental trends in creative abilities and potentials, the enhancement of creativity, intelligence, knowledge, play, prodigies, programs and courses, talent and teaching creativity.
- Cognitive aspects of creativity can be investigated in articles about altered and transitional states, analogies, attention, cognitive style, divergent thinking, flow and optimal experience, metacognition, metaphors, problem-finding, problem-solving, and remote associates.
- Covers business and organizational creativity in articles about advertising with art, creative visuals, business/management, creativity coaching, creativity exercises, entrepreneurship, group dynamics, innovation, leadership, organizational culture, organizational development, teams, and training, among others.
- Explicitly examines the complex interrelationship between society and creativity in articles about awards, conformity and conventionality, the creative sector and class of society, cultural diversity, the dark side of creativity, East vs. West, networking, social psychology, war, zeitgeist, and others.
- Personal and interpersonal creativity is discussed in articles relating to collaboration, family, life stages, mentors, networking, personal creativity and self-actualization.
- Focuses on scientific information about creativity, there are also articles that discuss brain and neuropsychology, concepts of creativity, definitions of creativity, expertise, longitudinal studies, researching art, artists and art audiences, research methods, phenomenology research and qualitative resear
Adaptation and Creativity
Altered and Transitional States
Architecture, Modern Western
Art and Aesthetics
Art, Artists And Arts audiences
Attribution and Creativity
Barriers to Creativity
Behavioral Approaches to Creativity
Bell, Alexander Graham*
Brain and Neuropsychology
Chaos Theory and Creativity
Cognitive Style and Creativity
Computers and Creativity
Concepts of Creativity: A history
Conformity and Conventionality
Creative Environments, Conditions, and Settings
Creativity through History
Crime and Creativity
Curie, Marie Sklodowska*
Dance and Creativity
Dark Side of Creativity
Darwin, Charles Robert*
Definitions of Creativity
Developmental Trends in Creative Abilities and Potentials
Dialectical Thinking: Implications for Creative Thinking
Distribution of Creativity
Domains of Creativity
Dreams and Creativity
East vs. West
Economic Perspectives on Creativity
Enhancement of Creativity
Evolving Systems Approach
Expressive Arts Theory
Families and Creativity
Flow and Optimal Experien
- No. of pages:
- © 2011
- 23rd May 2011
- Academic Press
- Not Applicable ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN:
"Overall, the book does fulfil its aims and is timely, given the increasing interest in developing new approaches and products. It will be of interest to subject librarians with responsibility for psychology and creative courses and others who want to find out about the theoretical viewpoints."--Health Libraries Group Newsletter
Praise for the first edition:
"...an impressive work by any standard. We warmly recommend this tour de force publication... a must for every university library..."
- HIGH ABILITY STUDIES
"The Encyclopedia of Creativity is a highly impressive, collaborative achievement... Unprecedented in breadth and scope... a resounding success..."
- CONTEMPORARY PSYCHOLOGY (2002, Vol. 47, No. 2)
"...this encyclopedia represents a useful effort to bring together research on creativity and will serve undergraduate and graduate students well."
"...something to catch the interests of nearly any reader with a curious mind...
- PERCEPTUAL AND MOTOR SKILLS