Emerging Library Technologies
It's Not Just for Geeks
- Covers innovative insights on how these emerging technologies can be used in all types libraries and resource centers.
- Discusses how to get key stakeholders on board before implementing emerging technologies including a checklist to complete before presenting your technology proposal to senior management.
- Brings unique perspective for assisting people who will be displaced by these emerging technologies.
- Includes resources at the end of every chapter on keeping abreast and building expertise on the emerging technology topic.
- Contains tips on how professionals can forge strategic relationships to collaborate on emerging technology projects such as preparing students for STEM and STEAM careers.
- Poses engaging questions for further discussion after each chapter.
- Includes comprehensive glossary at the end of each chapter.
Librarians, school library media specialists, teachers, information professionals, researchers, information specialists, undergraduate and graduate students, and anyone interested in emerging technologies
Table of Contents
1. Artificial Intelligence: AI is Nearby
2. Robotics: Robots to the Rescue
3. Is It a Bird, Is it a Plane: It’s a Drone Flying Your Way
4. Driverless Vehicles: Pick Me Up at the …
5. Information Seeking with Big Data: Not Just the Facts
6. Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality: What is Your Reality?
7. If You Print It, They Will Come: 3D Printing in Your Library
8. Wearable Technologies from A to Z: In and Out of Your Library
9. How to Get Stakeholder Buy-In for Implementing Emerging Technologies in Your Library
10. Keeping Abreast of these Emerging Technologies
- No. of pages: 206
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2018
- Published: August 9, 2018
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9780081022542
- Paperback ISBN: 9780081022535
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Emerging Library Technologies"