Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Effects of Climate Change on Forests: An Evidence-Based Primer for Sustainable Management of Temperate and Mediterranean Forests presents concepts, case studies and application techniques for theories on forest management under climate change. Readers will gain an understanding on how forest planning and management ties into the ecological functioning and resilience of forests by following variability in growth (or other processes) over time, a concept weakly implemented in traditional forest planning. This shift in focus has significant benefits, not only in better incorporating the services provided by forests, but also in opening up better adaptation planning.
- Outlines innovative tools to evaluate and assess forest management plans
- Provides guidelines and criteria for forest planning, sustainability and management techniques for adapting to climate change
- Helps the reader develop comprehensive forest management plans, complete with sylvicultural interventions, which account for uncertainties in climate change
- Ties directly into A for Climate project from the EU Commission as part of Horizon 2020
Researchers and practitioners in the areas of forestry, natural resource management, environmental science, biological sciences, ecology; public and private forest planners, consultants and managers; conservationists; those involved in the carbon exchange market, climatologists, regional planners
2. Climate change: expected and experimented effects on temperate forests
3. Influence of forests on climate
4. Resilience, stressors, and growth in temperate forests
5. Forest planning and management: an overview of traditional concepts and criteria
6. Variability in climate and forest growth at the regional and local scale
7. Dendroclimatology. Trends in climate variability and trends in forest growth
8. Using climate variability in forest planning and management
9. Case studies
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 1st October 2021
- Paperback ISBN:
Fabrizio D’Aprile is registered as an expert for project evaluation by the European Commission, directly involved as an expert in Horizon 2020 for project evaluation, and a peer reviewer with international scientific journals. He has significantly contributed to the development of the guidelines for management of the Italian forests under climate change.
Research Centre for Forestry and Wood, Arezzo, Italy
Piermaria Corona is the current Director at the Council for Agricultural Research and Economics (CREA) in Italy, and has previously led the Department for Innovation in the Biological, Agro-Food and Forest Systems at the University of Tuscia. Dr. Corona has authored over 400 scientific and technical publications in the field of forestry and environmental sciences and 14 books.
Research Centre for Forestry and Wood, Arezzo and Professor, University of Tuscia, Viterbo, Italy
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.