Building your skills as a professional coder and auditor, E/M Auditing Step, 3rd Edition provides a thorough review of the 17 Evaluation and Management (E/M) subsections presented in the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) manual. Real-life scenarios let you practice coding with cases taken from actual documentation. An outline format includes plenty of practice questions, making it easy to review and prepare for E/M certification exams. Written by coding author and educator Carol J. Buck, this edition covers both ICD-9 and ICD-10 code sets, and helps you gain the accuracy and proficiency you need for success in auditing records and in E/M coding.
- A convenient outline format provides easy-to-follow, efficient coverage of E/M coding.
- An introduction to E/M coding describes how to fill out the main audit form used in the book, then breaks down each of the 17 E/M CPT subsections separately.
- Follow-up questions and reports test your comprehension of the E/M subsections and allow you to build confidence.
- An examination with answers prepares you for the professional environment with 17 real-life cases covering E/M codes.
- 1995 and 1997 E/M Documentation Guidelines, along with an Internet Only Manual, provide a quick reference to all E/M coding variations.
- Useful appendices include answers to Unit 1 questions and the Unit 2 exam, blank audit forms for practice, abbreviations, and additional resources.
Unit 1: Evaluation and Management
2. E/M Codes
Unit 2: Examination
Unit 3: Resources
1. 1995 Documentation Guidelines for E/M Services
2. 1997 Documentation Guidelines for Evaluation and Management Services
3. Internet Only Manual (IOM) 104, 30.6
Appendix A: Unit 1, Evaluation and Management Practice Answers
Appendix B: Examination Answers
Appendix C: E/M Audit Forms
Appendix D: Abbreviations
Appendix E: Further Text Resources
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2013
- 11th December 2012
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.