Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part 1 - Modeling of off-road UGV
2. Modeling of track soil interaction for tracked unmanned ground vehicle
3. Dynamics of tracked UGVs in three-dimensional space
4. Modeling of driving modules of unmanned ground vehicle
5. Modeling of wheel soil interaction and dynamics of wheeled unmanned ground vehicle in three-dimensional space
Part 2 - Advanced motion control of UGV
6. Motion stability performance concepts
7. State and load observer of unmanned ground vehicle
8. Motion stability enhanced controller design
9. Power management technology
10. Torque vectoring technology
Part 3 - Fault tolerance control of off-road UGV
11. Fault detection and identification of unmanned ground vehicle
12. Fault-tolerance control of unmanned ground vehicle under off-road situation
13. Conclusions and prospects
Dynamics and Advanced Motion Control of Unmanned Ground Off-Road Vehicles details both theoretical concepts such as planning and perception when working with UGVs, as well as more practical, hands-on aspects such as torque vectoring control. The book also covers related technologies such as intelligent and electrification of ground vehicles. After an introduction, initial chapters include an exploration of wheel-soil and track-soil interaction mechanisms, motion stability, motion control, fault detection and identification, and fault tolerance control. This book offers readers a detailed understanding of Unmanned Ground Vehicles by combining theory, applications and further developments.
Topics are covered in such a way that readers will be well versed on the current field of UGVs and will be able to implement future design and research in a feasible and effective way.
- Gives a comprehensive analysis and introduction to the dynamics and advanced motion control of unmanned ground off-road vehicles
- Covers key related technology concepts, such as intelligent and electrification of ground vehicles
- Details the entire control framework of off-road UGVs and the implementation of controller design
Undergraduate and postgraduate students of mechanical engineering, mechatronics, industrial engineering; professional engineers working on unmanned ground vehicles
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 6th August 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr Yue Ma is an Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), Beijing, China. He obtained his MSc degree in vehicle engineering from BIT in 2002. In 2010, he obtained his PhD degree at Bristol Robotics Laboratory, University of the West of England, UK. He is a Committee Member of Youth Chapter, Organization of Aviation Utility Systems Engineering (AUS-CSAA), Chinese Society of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (MIEEE) and an Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Modelling, Identification and Control.
Associate Professor, Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), Beijing, China
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.