Dynamic Soil-Structure Interaction
Current Research in China and Switzerland
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Dynamic Soil-structure interaction is one of the major topics in earthquake engineering and soil dynamics since it is closely related to the safety evaluation of many important engineering projects, such as nuclear power plants, to resist earthquakes. In dealing with the analysis of dynamic soil-structure interactions, one of the most difficult tasks is the modeling of unbounded media. To solve this problem, many numerical methods and techniques have been developed. This book summarizes the most recent developments and applications in the field of dynamic soil-structure interaction, both in China and Switzerland.An excellent book for scientists and engineers in civil engineering, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering and earthquake engineering.
Table of Contents
- Preface. Simple physical models for foundation dynamics (J.P. Wolf). The scaled boundary finite-element method - alias consistent infinitesimal finite-element cell method - for unbounded media (C. Song, J.P. Wolf). Effects of soil-structure interaction on nonlinear response of arch dams (C. Zhang, Y. Xu, F. Jin). Application of transmitting boundaries to non-linear dynamic analysis of an arch dam-foundation-reservoir system (H. Chen, X. Du, S. Hou). A decoupling numerical simulation of wave motion (Z. Liao). Scattering of plane SH waves by cylindrical surface topography of circular-arc cross-section (X. Yuan, Z. Liao, S. Xu). Applications of infinite elements to dynamic soil-structure interaction problems (C. Zhao). Non-reflecting boundary conditions for wave propagation problems and their stability analysis (X. Shao). Boundary element method for SH waves in elastic half plane with stochastic and heterogeneous properties (Z. Yoa, J. Xiang). Effects of soil-structure interaction on structural vibration control (M. Lou, J. Wu). Dynamic soil-structure interaction for high-rise buildings (S. Wu, G. Gan). Nonlinear dynamic analysis of saturated soil-structure interaction by FEM (E. Song, Z. Yao, Z. Qui). Dynamic soil-structure interaction on layered strata under seismic wave incidence (Z. Xu, H. Liao). Nonlinear SSI-simplified approach, model test verification and parameter studies for seimic and air-blast environment (J. Xiong, D. Wang, T. Fu, J. Liu). A direct method for analysis of dynamic soil-structure interaction based on interface idea (J. Liu, Y. Lu). An analytical approach for evaluation of global dynamic impedance of semi-circular dam canyon cut in an elastic half-space (G. Lin, J. Chen, K. Sun). A coupling model of FE-BE-IE-IBE for nonlinear layered soil-structure interactions (C. Zhang, G. Wang, X. Chen). A hybrid procedure of distinct-boundary element for discrete rock dynamic analysis (F. Jin, G. Wang, C. Zhang). Author index.
- No. of pages: 320
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1998
- Published: September 22, 1998
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080530581
About the Editors
Affiliations and Expertise
Tsinghua University, Beijing, People's Republic of China
Affiliations and Expertise
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland.
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Dynamic Soil-Structure Interaction"