2. Recent durability studies of natural/synthetic fibers hybrid polymer composites
3. Durability and integrity studies of natural/synthetic/biomass fibres based polymeric composites
4. Prediction of the cyclic durability of woven hybrid composites
5. Durability of hybrid polymer composites
6. Fatigue life prediction of textile/woven hybrid composites
7. Durability of composite materials during hydrothermal and environmental ageing8. Progressive damage analysis of hybrid composite materials
9. Damage analysis of glass fibre reinforced polymer hybrid composites
10. Accelerated testing methodology for long term life prediction of polymeric materials
11. Evaluation of The Effects of Decay and Weathering In Biocomposites, Fibre Reinforced Composites And Hybrid Composites
12. Durability evaluation of natural fibre reinforced cementitious composites a New Approach
13. Environmental Impact of Natural Fiber Composites through Life Cycle Assessment Analysis
14. Catalytic Effect of Inorganic Nanomaterials for Preparation of Hybrid Composite and its Application
15. Life cycle predication of natural and synthetic fiber reinforced composites
16. Understanding the durability of Long sacred grass/Imperata Cylindrica natural/hybrid FRP Composites
17. Experimental Determination of TRIBO Behavior of Fiber Reinforced Composites and its Prediction With Artificial Neural Network
18. Investigation of mechanical properties on Napier grass fiber hybrid composites for aerospace industry
19. The flammability of Bio Composites
20. Non Destructive Inspection Methods for Biocomposite and Hybrid Composites
21. A Novel Approach For The Rheological And Impact Strength Characteristics Of Fibre Reinforced Cement Composites
22. Durability of composites exposed to extreme high temperature/fire and ultra violet Radiation
This five-volume set of titles focuses on advanced characterization techniques used for the analysis of composite materials developed from natural fibre/ biomass, synthetic fibres and a combination of these materials used as fillers and reinforcements to enhance materials performance and utilization in automotive, aerospace, construction and building components.
The books provide detailed information on failure analysis, mechanical and physical properties, structural health monitoring, durability and life prediction, modelling of damage processes of natural fibre, synthetic fibres, and natural/natural, and natural/synthetic fibres hybrid composites. They will act as a detailed reference resource to encourage future research in natural fiber and hybrid composite materials, which is much in demand due to the need for more sustainable, recyclable, and eco-friendly composites in a broad range of different application fields.
Written by leading experts in the field and covering composite materials developed from different natural fibers and their hybridization with synthetic fibers, the chapters provide cutting-edge up-to-date research on the characterization, analysis and modelling of composite materials.
Volume 1: Failure analysis
This book covers key aspects of fracture and failure in natural/synthetic fibre reinforced polymer based composite materials. These range from crack propagation to crack growth, notch-size effect to damage-tolerant design. The book describes a broad range of techniques and strategies for compositional and failure analysis of polymeric materials and products. It also illustrates the application of analytical methods for solving commonly encountered problems in the composite manufacturing industry.
Volume 2: Mechanical and physical testing
This volume provides comprehensive information on mechanical properties such as tensile, flexural, compression, shear, impact, fracture toughness, low and high velocity impact, and anti-ballistic properties of natural fibre, synthetic fibres and hybrid composites materials. It also covers physical properties such as density, water absorption, thickness swelling, and void content of composite materials fabricated from natural or synthetic materials.
Volume 3: Structural Health Monitoring (SHM)
This book provides a comprehensive review of both established and promising new technologies currently under development in the emerging area of structural health monitoring in aerospace, construction and automotive structures. It describes SHM methods and sensors related to specific composites and how advantages and limitations of various sensors and methods can help the user make informed choices in their structure development.
Volume 4: Durability and life prediction
Materials durability is a major issue of concern in composites design and it needs to be understood. Different techniques used to assess materials durability are presented in this book via various applications. Topics covered include: environmental degradation such as soil burial, accelerated weathering, long term water immersion for marine applications, life cycle assessment (LCA), and service-life performance.
Volume 5: Modelling of damage processes in natural/synthetic and hybrid composite materials
Finite element and damage modeling of natural fibres, synthetic fibres and hybrid composite materials are covered in this book using up to date techniques in aerospace, automotive and construction applications.
- Contributions from leading experts in the field
- Discusses recent progress on failure analysis, SHM, durability, life prediction and
- modelling of damage in natural fiber-based composite materials
- Covers experimental, analytical and numerical analysis
- Provides detailed and comprehensive information on mechanical properties,
- testing methods and modelling techniques
Materials science and engineering especially polymer and composite technology, chemical and environmental engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 1st September 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as a Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at the Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and has also been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He is also a Visiting Scholar at TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Previously he worked as a Visiting Lecturer, at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as an Expatriate Lecturer under the UNDP project with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and with industry. His research interests include Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends. So far he has published 5 books, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review papers in the Top 25 hot articles on Science Direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry. He is the reviewer of several high impact ISI journals (44 Journals).
Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia