Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
2. Recent durability studies of natural/synthetic fibers hybrid polymer composites
3. Durability and integrity studies of natural/synthetic/biomass fibres based polymeric composites
4. Prediction of the cyclic durability of woven hybrid composites
5. Durability of hybrid polymer composites
6. Fatigue life prediction of textile/woven hybrid composites
7. Durability of composite materials during hydrothermal and environmental ageing8. Progressive damage analysis of hybrid composite materials
9. Damage analysis of glass fibre reinforced polymer hybrid composites
10. Accelerated testing methodology for long term life prediction of polymeric materials
11. Evaluation of The Effects of Decay and Weathering In Biocomposites, Fibre Reinforced Composites And Hybrid Composites
12. Durability evaluation of natural fibre reinforced cementitious composites a New Approach
13. Environmental Impact of Natural Fiber Composites through Life Cycle Assessment Analysis
14. Catalytic Effect of Inorganic Nanomaterials for Preparation of Hybrid Composite and its Application
15. Life cycle predication of natural and synthetic fiber reinforced composites
16. Understanding the durability of Long sacred grass/Imperata Cylindrica natural/hybrid FRP Composites
17. Experimental Determination of TRIBO Behavior of Fiber Reinforced Composites and its Prediction With Artificial Neural Network
18. Investigation of mechanical properties on Napier grass fiber hybrid composites for aerospace industry
19. The flammability of Bio Composites
20. Non Destructive Inspection Methods for Biocomposite and Hybrid Composites
21. A Novel Approach For The Rheological And Impact Strength Characteristics Of Fibre Reinforced Cement Composites
22. Durability of composites exposed to extreme high temperature/fire and ultra violet Radiation
Durability and Life Prediction in Biocomposites, Fibre-Reinforced Composites and Hybrid Composites focuses on the advanced characterization techniques used for the analysis of composite materials developed from natural fiber/biomass, synthetic fibers and a combination of these materials used as fillers and reinforcements to enhance materials performance and utilization in automotive, aerospace, construction and building components. The book presents key aspects of fracture and failure in natural/synthetic, fiber reinforced, polymer based composite materials, ranging from crack propagation, to crack growth, and from notch-size effect, to damage-tolerant design.
Written by leading experts in the field, and covering composite materials developed from different natural fibers and their hybridization with synthetic fibers, the book's chapters provide cutting-edge, up-to-date research on the characterization, analysis and modelling of composite materials.
- Contains contributions from leading experts in the field
- Discusses recent progress on failure analysis, SHM, durability, life prediction and the modelling of damage in natural fiber-based composite materials
- Covers experimental, analytical and numerical analysis
- Provides detailed and comprehensive information on mechanical properties, testing methods and modelling techniques
Materials science and engineering professionals, especially those in polymer and composite technology, chemical and environmental engineering
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 14th September 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Mohammad Jawaid is currently working as a Fellow Researcher (Associate Professor), at the Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia and has also been a Visiting Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia since June 2013. He is also a Visiting Scholar at TEMAG Labs, Department of Textile Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey. Previously he worked as a Visiting Lecturer, at the Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and also worked as an Expatriate Lecturer under the UNDP project with the Ministry of Education of Ethiopia at Adama University, Ethiopia. He received his Ph.D. from the Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia. He has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, research, and with industry. His research interests include Hybrid Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Advance Materials: Graphene/Nanoclay/Fire Retardant, Lignocellulosic Reinforced/Filled Polymer Composites, Modification and Treatment of Lignocellulosic Fibres and Solid Wood, Nano Composites and Nanocellulose fibres, and Polymer blends. So far he has published 5 books, 12 book chapters, and more than 130 International journal papers and 4 Published review papers in the Top 25 hot articles on Science Direct during 2014-2015. He is also the Deputy Editor-in-Chief of the Malaysian Polymer Journal and Guest Editor for Current Organic Synthesis and Current Analytical Chemistry. He is the reviewer of several high impact ISI journals (44 Journals).
Biocomposite Technology Laboratory, Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Mohamed Thariq is a Professional Engineer registered under the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM), and is currently attached to the Universiti Putra Malaysia as Director / Head of Aerospace Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC), Faculty of Engineering, UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia. Being a Director / Head of AMRC; he is also an Independent Scientific Advisor to the Aerospace Malaysia Innovation Centre (AMIC) based in Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom. He has about 10 years of experience in teaching and research. His area of research includes Hybrid Composites, Advance Materials, Structural Health Monitoring and Impact Studies. He is also the Deputy President of Malaysian Society of Structural Health Monitoring (MSSHM) based in UPM Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia.
Aerospace Manufacturing Research Centre, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Naheed Saba completed her PhD in Biocomposites from the Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products (INTROP), Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Malaysia. She has published over 20 scientific and engineering articles in advanced composites, as well as one book and 8 book chapters. Dr. Saba’s research interests lie in nanocellulosic materials, fire retardant materials, natural fiber reinforced polymer composites, biocomposites, hybrid composites and nanocomposites.
Institute of Tropical Forestry and Forest Products, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia