Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Natural Products as a source of neuroprotective agents for Parkinson’s Disease
2. Discovery of neuroprotective antioxidants for the management of ischemic brain stroke
3. Discovery of biophenols for application in Alzheimer’s Disease
4. Identification and Development of Naturally Occurring Anti-Inflammatory Steroid Analogues for Neuroprotection
5. Neuroprotective plant alkaloids: structure activity and synthetic analogues
6. Coumarin-based molecules as suitable models for developing new neuroprotective agents through structural modification
7. Phytochemistry and Pharmacology of Lycium barbarum L. and Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill" or "Neuroprotective phytochemicals of Lycium barbarum L. and Schisandra chinensis (Turcz.) Baill"
8. Neuroactive Components of Culinary and Medicinal Mushrooms with Potential to Mitigate Age Related Neurodegenerative Diseases
Discovery and Development of Neuroprotective Agents from Natural Products draws together global research on medicinal agents from natural sources as starting points for the design of neuroprotective drugs. From the prediction of promising leads and identification of active agents to the extraction of complex molecules, the book explores a range of important topics to support the development of safer, more economical therapeutics for these increasingly prevalent diseases.
Beginning with an overview of current developments in the field, the book goes on to explore the identification, extraction and phytochemistry of such neuroprotective agents as antioxidants, biophenols and naturally occurring anti-inflammatory steroid analogues. Specific natural sources of bioactive agents are reviewed, and the development of these agents into therapeutics for a number of specific neurological disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and ischemic brain stroke, are discussed.
Combining the expertise of specialists from around the world, this in the Natural Products Drug Discovery series aims to support and encourage researchers in the investigation of natural sources as starting points for the development of standardized, safe and effective neuroprotective drugs.
- Features chapters written by active researchers and leading global experts deeply engaged in the research field of natural product chemistry for drug discovery
- Includes comprehensive coverage of cutting-edge research advances in the design of drugs from natural products targeted at different kinds of neurodegenerative diseases
- Offers a practical review of identification, isolation and extraction techniques to support medicinal chemists in the lab
Medicinal chemists working on drugs from natural sources or neuroprotective drugs in both academic and commercial settings, as well as phytochemists, pharmaceutical scientists, combinatorial chemists and biochemists
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2017
- 8th June 2017
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
"The book should appeal to a broad audience with diverse backgrounds including chemistry, biology, pharmacy, and medicine. It can also be a valuable resource for researchers, academicians, and graduate students. In addition to enjoying the book’s content, its readers will probably be able to identify viable research directions for the discovery and development of new and promising neuroprotective agents." --Ehab A. Abourashed, Journal of Natural Products Chemistry, Aug 2018
Goutam Brahmachari is a professor of organic chemistry at Visva-Bharati, India, and teaches courses in organic chemistry, natural products chemistry, synthetic organic chemistry, and physical methods in organic chemistry. In addition to over 20 years of teaching and research experience, he is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry, a Who’s Who in the World Listee, and a recipient of Academic Brilliance Award (2015) for Excellence in Research and the Dr. Kalam Best Teaching Faculty Award (2017). Prof. Brahmachari serves as journal referee, editor-in-chief, associate editor, guest editor, and Editorial Advisory Board Member for several international journals, book publishers, and research funding agencies. He currently has 200 publications in the fields of organic and medicinal chemistry, including 22 books and over 40 book chapters, published by internationally reputed publishers.
Full Professor of Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Visva-Bharati (a Central University), Santiniketan, West Bengal, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.